Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Course you have. Such a shame, too.
I am not sure he is aware of how much he is being used.

I think people who have been around forums for longer are well aware of what has been going on.

Possibly Adam is just unaware of what is going on......from his posts about 'training' he is clearly unaware of what is happening with the dogs - we cannot blame him fro being unaware when other people are using him.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I don't think I ever said I lived in plymouth, I work there sometimes for sure but not live there. Not that there's anything wronmg with plymouth (don't wanna p*ss em off lol)

I know of Roy through Tassle, asked her were she got her herding lessons from. But I have not taken it further, just because I haven't had anyone asking were they can do herding in a while.

Re show, cool thanks. They aren't registered (is it a pain?) but are not up to date on vacinations.
Isn't there like an open class you can do without having to register?

Adam
The activities registar is easy - the worst bit is youhave to think of a name
You can apply and then register for the show with 'name applied for'

he KC website has the links you need - well worth doing it
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Adam, many of the statements you have put on this thread are more or less identical to the statements made on many, many forums by a banned user of this board.

That is why most think you have a puppet-master. However, it is plausible that you are just plaguerising.

Whichever it is, it does nothing to boost your credibility which is a shame because sensible discussion tends to go through the window when there are doubts about the credibility of one of the parties involved.

You may find that people are less prone to discussing you rather than the topic if you start to use your own words and stop posting the stuff from youtube.

Trading such videos is pretty useless as most are 'doctored' to show exactly what the film maker wants to show
LuvMyDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2011, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Austin, well fitting harnesses can be very comfortable and spread the weight rather than putting any pressure at all on the dogs neck . I use a lined harness.

To paraphrase your own words 'if there really is is one thing I can't take' it is people who appear to be one thing while they are actually something quite different for example salesmen who join sites and criticise others while surreptitiously trying to promote 'training aids' which most caring owners would consider to be harmful and unacceptable.

'LuvMyDog' , a bit of a misnomer there I would say if you use some of the devices you sell on your own dogs.

E collars, prong collars, to me they are unnecessary devices which no genuine dog lover would ever use..

Hi Minihaha,

Glad to see your bias towards me isn't imparing argument or judgement..... There's a big difference between promote, or encourage people to at least know what it is they object to. The implication that owners using certain equipment are uncarring, irresponsible, cruel or just lazy without knowing the features or benefits that piece of equipment can offer to their circumstance is just emotive waffle over emperical experience. However, that's another debate.

My point was the statement "Aversive training techniques are based on the principle of applying an unpleasant stimulus to inhibit behavior.". That's obviously nothing yourself or any caring owner would use? Positive training only? Ok, then lets compare it to an "approved" and "recommended" piece of equipment by the clique, the Easy Walk harness.

"Why it works:
Traditional harnesses can actually encourage dogs to pull harder because of the “opposition reflex.” That’s the reflex that makes sled dogs do what they do. The Gentle Leader® Easy Walk™ Harness redirects the pressure through the front leash attachment. And, our patent pending martingale closure tightens slightly across the chest and shoulder blades when your dog attempts to pull forward."

Perhaps my understanding of an unpleasant stimulus differs to yours, but a "tightening slightly across the chest and shoulder blades when your dog attempts to pull forward" is an unpleasant stimulus, now isn't that what you dislike about the other pieces of kit too? So why is one unpleasant stimulus different to another, and one more acceptable than the other? Is it the level of unpleasantness, and can you actually define that?

regards,

Austin
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by LuvMyDog View Post
Hi Minihaha,
Glad to see your bias towards me isn't imparing argument or judgement..... There's a big difference between promote, or encourage people to at least know what it is they object to.
Austin I don't need any encouragement to know what I object to thank you I am quite capable of working things out for myself as are our members.
The implication that owners using certain equipment are uncarring, irresponsible, cruel or just lazy without knowing the features or benefits that piece of equipment can offer to their circumstance is just emotive waffle over emperical experience. However, that's another debate.
..neither do I need 'emperical experience' to work out what does and doesn't cause pain.

My point was the statement "Aversive training techniques are based on the principle of applying an unpleasant stimulus to inhibit behavior.". That's obviously nothing yourself or any caring owner would use? Positive training only? Ok, then lets compare it to an "approved" and "recommended" piece of equipment by the clique, the Easy Walk harness.
I don't use an easy walk harness , my dog wears a very comfortable soft padded harness but harnesses are not being discussed here . If you wish to start a thread about harnesses that is your choice .
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by LuvMyDog View Post

Perhaps my understanding of an unpleasant stimulus differs to yours, but a "tightening slightly across the chest and shoulder blades when your dog attempts to pull forward" is an unpleasant stimulus, now isn't that what you dislike about the other pieces of kit too? So why is one unpleasant stimulus different to another, and one more acceptable than the other? Is it the level of unpleasantness, and can you actually define that?
n
is it me or this a bit off topic? A discussion of Harnesses to obfuscate the fact that Adam`s not getting on top of the discussion again? Surely not!
Any chance you could stick to the topic Austin? With (as you say) your huge experience with so many different breeds etc etc etc etc I`m sure you have a lot to contribute. .
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
is it me or this a bit off topic? A discussion of Harnesses to obfuscate the fact that Adam`s not getting on top of the discussion again? Surely not!
Any chance you could stick to the topic Austin? With (as you say) your huge experience with so many different breeds etc etc etc etc I`m sure you have a lot to contribute. .
Hmmmmm suspisious minds C&D!!!!! Iagree.

Austin please start your own topic about if harnesses are a aversion, Valid or not.

Im happy to use a aversion, if required. NOT electric shocks though.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Adam, many of the statements you have put on this thread are more or less identical to the statements made on many, many forums by a banned user of this board.

That is why most think you have a puppet-master. However, it is plausible that you are just plaguerising.

Whichever it is, it does nothing to boost your credibility which is a shame because sensible discussion tends to go through the window when there are doubts about the credibility of one of the parties involved.

You may find that people are less prone to discussing you rather than the topic if you start to use your own words and stop posting the stuff from youtube.

Trading such videos is pretty useless as most are 'doctored' to show exactly what the film maker wants to show
Panzertoons vids are not edited in anyway! In fact they usually show a great deal of a dogs training, from intro to graduation.
She also states that all they do between vids is what was shown on the last vid.

Adam
LuvMyDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
No, it's not off topic. The argument against the shock collars is their negative enforcement and unpleasant stimulus. My point is a variety of seemingly "acceptable" equipment also involves an unpleasant stimulus, but where is the beratement, insults and bullying tactics aimed at their supporters like the OP? It seems reasoned argument invokes a poo flinging response like watching monkeys in a zoo.

regards,

Austin
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I agree with Austin.

All anti pull equipment works via physical aversive!

It can be argued that even reward based training employs aversive as the unrewarded state is not nice and the dog wants to reduce the lack of reward.

Adam
Closed Thread
Page 154 of 206 « First < 54 104 144 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 164 204 > Last »