Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
Sara you are not my ideal dog owner either, you had a stafford that bit a kid and didnt get pts, you had a aussie cattle dog when many told you not to and you got rid of it because you couldnt cope! i have never ever done anything like that, my dogs have never bitten anyone!
Gets your facts straight hayley, Tia DID NOT bite any of my kids, she was growling at Rocky when he went near her.

Say what you like about diesel, ill be the first to admit i made a big mistake there but he is happy where he is.

In future get your facts straight!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Azz this forum is not my only learning method, its not even 2 percent of it, i learn through my dogs, through dog men and woman, through books and forums that are related to bull breeds and staffords!
I learn about other breeds here than anything!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2007, 06:12 PM
but if you broke the dogs up via a stick wont you then be risking the dogs turning on you if they are so fired up?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2007, 06:13 PM
will you stop please...........you both need to calm down.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi leo, that is not a stafford, they where bred for fighting but also bred to adore humans!
It has been said and conformed that when fighting in the pit, the owner could grab hold of their dog and it would not turn on the human!

Staffords are not human aggressive they love children and adults!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2007, 06:17 PM
so they can go from all fired up to calm within what minutes? so they they must be capable of flipping out at the same rate?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
Hi leo, that is not a stafford, they where bred for fighting but also bred to adore humans!
It has been said and conformed that when fighting in the pit, the owner could grab hold of their dog and it would not turn on the human!

Staffords are not human aggressive they love children and adults!
..this is not true although there may have been exceptions. When a dog fights it is under the influence of adrenalin and it can bite a human unintentionally if they intervene , I have been badly bitten splitting two dogs up during a fight , love of humans has nothing to do with the matter.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Leo if they bite you it would be an accident, they wouldnt turn around and purposely bite you, that is not a true stafford! I guess accidents do happen but i would only ever break my dogs fights up and my trust is 100 percent in my dogs as i know them!

What im trying to say is, staffords can be dog aggressive as its their instinct, but a true stafford love humans another of their instincts!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
..this is not true although there may have been exceptions. When a dog fights it is under the influence of adrenalin and it can bite a human unintentionally if they intervene , I have been badly bitten splitting two dogs up during a fight , love of humans has nothing to do with the matter.
but they where bred to be this way to fight in the pit but as soon as the owner touched it they would not turn on the owner, im talking about a stafford minihaha, because i have broke up a fight between a collie and lab when working as a kennel maid and the collie bit me!
lucyloo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Both me and my dad have had staffs for years its the only breed we have ever owned and we have never had any fights, i have 3 at the moment and they get on very well together, infact they hate being seperated they have never shown any aggression towards any other dog and they love the kids, they spend more time playing with them than me, i understand what the post is saying but maybe if it was worded WARNING TO DOG OWNERS or something like that it might have been better, all dogs have the ability to be aggressive regardless of what they were bred for, all the title has done is get us "fighting breed" owners backs up, alot of us have spent years trying to improve the breed and show people they are not vicious monsters that will attack anything and posts like that are just making the breed look bad when infact there not, they are the most wonderful breed for temperment.
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 25 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »