Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 04:41 PM
she gets the DDA quoted at her.
Reading between the lines again! the person who brought up the Dangerous Dogs Act made a very good point. Yes, as mad as it may seem, a person only needs to feel threatened by a dog (the dog does not have to make ANY contact) for it to be an offence. Crazy but true.

And told to keep her dog on a lead in future round people and dogs (not quite sure why about the dogs but WTH)
No one said that, either. What people did say is that this is the reason you shouldn't let your dog approach people that obviously are not welcoming it. If everyone did this, incidents like this wouldn't happen!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Is that an offer of a dogsey walk in the South East? Count me in...

Don't know why I'm still watching this thread though... I decided it had gone miles off topic pages ago... It's getting like a weird car crash now though... don't want to look, but can't help myself maybe there'll be blood... But I don't want to see anyone get hurt... But it's soooo hypnotic! What can be taken wrong next? Who's going to get the wrong end of what stick? So this is how people get hooked on Eastenders!

Can you tell I had the day off work???
PML@ you .. you have such a way with words
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Two Tree Island? Thorndon Park? South Weald? Cherry Orchard Country Park? All good fun and masses of off-lead yomping PLUS cafes! (not Cherry orchard as they`ve only just opened it and they haven`t got one yet)

any time ya like!

Re this thread - let`s face it....nobody died (but you`d never know it by some of the comments.

but if only I too could read minds and know when people don`t want my dogs to approach! |I knew I should have studied the Second Sight harder - bet them scottish people have (or is that racist?)
red collar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
youwould be as well phoning the police on her and be done with it
If I were in fear of receiving an injury from someone's dog I'd do just that.

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Have I read this right? Someone hits the OP`s dog and she gets the DDA quoted at her.
From the point of view of the other woman, she could claim

(a) the dog ran towards me - which the OP agrees
(b) I thought it was going to jump on me - which the OP also thought in her first post
(c) I was afraid it would injure me

that is all it takes to make a case under the DDA. You may think it is harsh to quote the act, you obviously do from the tone of your post but it is not my opinion, it is the law. There are laws that I don't agree with, but until they are repealed they are the law. Ignorance of or disagreement with a law is immaterial. It's all very well to post lots of 'gosh how awful I would have knocked her teeth out' posts but that doesn't alter the fact that anyone allowing their dog to run towards someone they don't know is putting the dog's life at risk under the DDA.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Flow-wolf - you are very welcome to come and walk with me and I`ll show you lots of places where people who don`t insist on an exclusion zone go!
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Yep me too

Don't know why I'm still watching this thread though... I decided it had gone miles off topic pages ago... It's getting like a weird car crash now though... don't want to look, but can't help myself maybe there'll be blood... But I don't want to see anyone get hurt... But it's soooo hypnotic! What can be taken wrong next? Who's going to get the wrong end of what stick? So this is how people get hooked on Eastenders!

LOL Magpye!!! Exactly how i feel!

And can i come with you lot too????
Normal people pleeaseee!!

That is def my last post, bye again
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Me too

Have written about 5 different replies...but I think all would be taken the wrong way by someone -

I am glad someone elses thoughts went to the DDA (mine certainly did) but I was aware I would be jumped on.

Again....I hope your dog is OK and you never have to deal with this situation again.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 04:47 PM
geez...what hope is there for dogs when the DDA comes into a thread like this..

the DDA is a joke..
how many dogs have attacked and never been PTS or the owners taken to court?

there was a thread on here recently where a dog savaged a child and others that attempted to help..
it had previously attacked and the police did very little about it..
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Re this thread - let`s face it....nobody died (but you`d never know it by some of the comments.
Hey the night's still young, people will just be getting home from work.... there may not be blood, but I'm betting there'll be tears! I'm getting the popcorn

So evil... bad magpye bad! Stop watching the angry thread...

Oh I'm looking up the walks you mentioned as we speak... If there's one close enough....
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post

the DDA is a joke..
Yep....but law....
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post