Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I am going to update you all with regard to Bev and Lily.
It isn't good news I'm afraid.
I did text Bev earlier to ask how things were and learnt it was sad news and asked if Bev would like me to update you all but she didn't reply yes or no I was using her old number.
I have spoken to her and she still didn't indicate whether I should update or not we kept getting cut off due to a bad signal
So I have decided as you are all worried and concerned I wold let you know the sad outcome.

I am sure Bev will be along at some point to fill you in properly.
I hope you don't mind that I have done this Bev. Everyone was so worried for you this morning.

Big big (((hugs))). Run free at the bridge Lily.
Lynn, thank you, very sad, Bev will be shattered and I for one will fully understand if she needs a few days or longer to gather her thoughts. It was such a shock when we lost Baruska and even now OH doesn't want to talk about it.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Sally, thanks for that, have talked to someone today and it may not be as serious as I first thought. Can't talk to the surveyor as he is on holiday until Monday

I read Bev's post this morning and like all of you I'm worried, I hope Lily will be OK.
Lily didn't make it Harvey
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:39 PM
O.k here goes;
I raise my glass for Lily,in celebration of her life and the joy and love she brought to Bev and her Family xx
And also to TW and Mabs,wishing them a healthy,happy journey together on the road to motherhood

To LILY and MABS...cheers everyone xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
they're having to reduce their house by another £90K just to sell it so they're not left with much. It's diabolical over there she said, there's nobody buying.

Harvey sorry to hear about the "major" advisory there on the survey, but surely it can't be that bad? Don't forget they have to cover their a*ses these surveyors, but you know about building same as Dave did, but then look what problems we had here when our surveyor said all was GOOD!
You're friend should try selling a property in Czechland Luckily we are not in a hurry, OH thinks it might make a nice summer retreat, I'm not so sure but we shall see what develops over the next year or so, and who knows, maybe I'll just 'pop my clogs' and it will be someone else's problem

I may have panicked a bit over the surveyors report, it's to do with the flat roof extension, seems like the roofing felt has reached the end of it's life, but it's not such a major problem after all. As you say, better to know about it now rather than think everything is good
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Raising my glass to Lily and to Bev because I can only begin to imagine how she feels. Been there myself so many times, it never gets easier and you never get used to it.
Dogs should live as long as parrots
Makes me feel so very guilty with my news to be honest
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Ah no TW,you know rightly Bev would be delighted for you
So,have you been calling all the future new mums and dads? All over the moon I'm sure
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:50 PM
TW, I had a feeling that you might be feeling a little guilty - but look at it this way, as one dear life ends so you have brought about new ones (with a little help from Cruz and Mabs!).

As I said before, most of us know exactly what it feels like to lose a beloved dog, and Bev might not feel up to coming back to the site for a little while because it's hard to see life with dogs carrying on when your own is shattered. However, I am sure that she would tearfully join us in a glass of champagne to toast both Lily and Mabs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
and you are in Suffolk still maybe you could pop in for a cuppa if you don't mind a mad dog and boxes.
What a lovely idea shall we say a weekend don't mind boxes, I could help move them around
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Harvey, sadly Lily didn't make it through the day.
So very sad, I think she did have some painkillers at home which I hope helped Lily in her last moments. I can't say more, I'm tearful as well.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 08:00 PM
What a crying shame that such sad news should come on the day when other good news has been received. I don't think any of us can forget what pain we share when we lose are closest love ones as our dogs have been. Bev my heart goes out to you and for Lily too to know she is no longer in pain is good so run free precious Lily run free sweetheart, Bev, I know your love goes with her. So sorry you have had such a bad day.

TW, I can imagine you feel so guilty at sharing your joy over Mabs' news but it is nobody's fault that good news should be followed by sad news. We have a lot to be thankful for today. There was your good news and the good news of Gucci so there has to be a balance that is life. Be thankful you have been blessed by new life on the day that Lily made room for more life in our beautiful Dogsey world.

Sleep well Lily our beautiful girl.
Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »