View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Please keep the thread on-topic and non personal.

Off-topic posts will be deleted shortly - please do not respond to them in this thread.

Thanks.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
DON'T WANT TO GET ATTACKED HERE BUT WILL SAY THAT I FED MY OLD GIRL MEG ON TINNED FOOD/SCRAPS ALL HER LIFE. I HANDREARED HER FROM TWO DAYS AND SHE WAS PUT DOWN NOV 06 AT THE AGE OF 23 YRS.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Whoa, 23. That is amazing, good genes huh. Can I guess she was a cross?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I will explain why I likend you to a troll,

No imo criticising the food someone feeds there dogs is likely to lead to an emotional response.
If you (and clearly others) had read my post properly, you will see I said .....

Everything is ok, in moderation

Besides, there is nothing wrong with critisising a food, when what is stated about a food is fact.

I also said my own dog enjoyed tinned food, but only ocassionally as a treat, the same as I would treat my children's diet.

I was not rude to you Stormey, you should have afforded me the same !

Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
You say I am being offensive, really if I wanted to be offensive I would do better than calling someone a troll
How mature ! Well done 10/10. It doesnt really matter how well you can do at offending someone : you were being offensive by telling me I was a Troll and to "Get a Life"

People really should read what I say properly !
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
If you (and clearly others) had read my post properly, you will see I said .....

Besides, there is nothing wrong with critisising a food, when what is stated about a food is fact.

I also said my own dog enjoyed tinned food, but only ocassionally as a treat, the same as I would treat my children's diet.

I was not rude to you Stormey, you should have afforded me the same !

How mature ! Well done 10/10. It doesnt really matter how well you can do at offending someone : you were being offensive by telling me I was a Troll and to "Get a Life"

People really should read what I say properly !
I do agree with you and I found much more offense in Stormey's posts where I think you were just trying to educate and still understand others on the opposite side of this. Joan
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I appreciate the info and experience I receive on Dogsey, that's why I keep coming back. And though I'm not on here as much as I'd like to be, I recognise and appreciate the fact that many members have really helped me through losing my two oldies.

On this thread, and with my view aside, can we all consider this: if we were all sat around a pub table having our favourite tipple and pontificating about our dogs' food, we would not nearly be as vitriolic, subjective or as pointed as we have been here.

Many (!) years ago, as a very voicy teenager, I talked with a woman, a family friend, once for about an hour on my thoughts on animal welfare. At the end, she said something to me that I have never forgot, which was:

"Yes dear, and I mostly agree with you, but at the end of the day most people just don';t want to know.

"And by the way honey, you'll never switch peoples' minds by preaching at them." A wonderful lesson which changed how I communicate with people.

We're all dog lovers on Dogsey that's why we're here. Please don't forget that.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Have to agree with the points people will feed what suits their dogs.There are many dogs who hardly get fed from day to day never mind feeding what some deem awful.I'd rather see someone feed their dog what keeps them happy and looks healthy than not at all.xxxxxxxxx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Katrina342 View Post
I appreciate the info and experience I receive on Dogsey, that's why I keep coming back. And though I'm not on here as much as I'd like to be, I recognise and appreciate the fact that many members have really helped me through losing my two oldies.

On this thread, and with my view aside, can we all consider this: if we were all sat around a pub table having our favourite tipple and pontificating about our dogs' food, we would not nearly be as vitriolic, subjective or as pointed as we have been here.

Many (!) years ago, as a very voicy teenager, I talked with a woman, a family friend, once for about an hour on my thoughts on animal welfare. At the end, she said something to me that I have never forgot, which was:

"Yes dear, and I mostly agree with you, but at the end of the day most people just don';t want to know.

"And by the way honey, you'll never switch peoples' minds by preaching at them." A wonderful lesson which changed how I communicate with people.

We're all dog lovers on Dogsey that's why we're here. Please don't forget that.

Well said Kat, members do get a bit heated in debates on health and dietary issues but at the end of the day, if their dogs are healthy and eating well I don't see why anyone should say such and such a brand is cr@p and try and discourage others to buy it.

Off topic I know, but the originator was just trying to find out how others felt about tinned food.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I used to feed my dogs tinned food, but then went to CSJ complete.

It's only recently that I've changed my dogs over to raw, and TBH, I would never go back. My dogs are healthier than they've ever been, and my vet will confirm this I have a GSD who is 8 this year and his teeth and health are that of a dog half his age
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Wow this has become a bit heated since I last looked. Calm down everyone.
Many years ago I done a course in cat and dog nutrition and it was a real eye opener seeing what the dog can absorb nutrionally into its system and what is not absorbed and turned into waste. Analyzing different foods from dried to canned, learning about intolerances in different dogs.
Yes I could preach all day about what is good or not, but I won't as even with all this info and analyzing, I have in the past, and since then, had two dogs, that although I hate the food on paper, were fed Bakers as this is all they thrived on, on "good" foods they looked poor lacked energy and lustre in thier coats. On Bakers they lived to be 14 and 12yrs repectively.
The two I have now just don't do well on any dried food. One is thriving on Nature Diet and the other on Chappie.
So what we work out to be the best is not always the best for each individual dog.
Feed what suits your dog and what they thrive on, they are all different and should be treated as such.
Page 13 of 19 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »