Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
.... Police dogs here are considers officers in every regard. Killing a police dog = killing a police officer in the eyes of the law.

...]
IMO that's exactly how it should be, too.

Sorry about Liberty

Wys
x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I'm not sure about these key fobs; people should rely on their common sense, not a key fob....

And what if there is too much reliance on them and what if they go wrong?

Not happy,

Wys
x
Totally agree. Common sense should prevail. It still beggars belief that it did not in this situation. I just can't get my head around it. Nothing seems to add up to me.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
We had a bloodhound belonging to a local police department left in the car and pass away ealier this week. That officer has been suspended pending investigation, and is facing termination and criminal charges. Police dogs here are considers officers in every regard. Killing a police dog = killing a police officer in the eyes of the law.

Rest in Peace, Liberty. http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Green...124856919.html
I wish it were the same situation over here.

RIP Liberty So sad.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Suffice it to say (and I am not prepared to expand) this officer had exhibited signs for concern prior to this incident occurring and his hospitalisation is not a "stunt".

It does not excuse what happened but at least it does not reflect the overall attitude of the vast majority of dog handlers in that force or the police in general.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Suffice it to say (and I am not prepared to expand) this officer had exhibited signs for concern prior to this incident occurring and his hospitalisation is not a "stunt".

It does not excuse what happened but at least it does not reflect the overall attitude of the vast majority of dog handlers in that force or the police in general.
Isn't the 'excuse' the same as last year... Very delicate these police handlers......wow and it leads them to kill their dogs .
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Isn't the 'excuse' the same as last year... Very delicate these police handlers......wow and it leads them to kill their dogs .
No more delicate than other sectors of society that leads THEM to kill their dogs too!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 10:32 AM

Then why the heck was nothing done about these signs before?
Surely a police officer who is showing signs of mental instability is a liability?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Then why the heck was nothing done about these signs before?
Surely a police officer who is showing signs of mental instability is a liability?
The same questions are asked about the (insert relevant profession/societal group) who go on rampages, kill people etc such as teachers, schoolchildren, ex service personnel etc that we read about every day.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 10:35 AM
No more delicate than other sectors of society that leads THEM to kill their dogs too!
Sorry but I believe its a get out clause,same thing as last year,boiled to death...my friend did w.e at keston,her and others kept asking why their tailgates were not up even tho thay had cages and dog guards in there...they were ignored.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 10:37 AM
The same questions are asked about the (insert relevant profession/societal group) who go on rampages, kill people etc such as teachers, schoolchildren, ex service personnel etc that we read about every day.
You're right but it doesn't make the situation right.
Maybe society should be more aware of the signs of stress and the ways of dealing with it to prevent such tragedies.
Page 13 of 28 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »