Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
What a gorgeous picture of beautiful Molly! Cuddles for her and more (((hugs))) for you! xx
Thank you, Malka.
milella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
If you look at the posts, you'll see that my original post was from almost 3 months ago. Molly has since had cruciate surgery (10 weeks ago) and is doing really well.
Well sorry for breathing .....new here did not notice the date...my sincere apologies hope Molly continues to do well
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Molly is now 10 weeks post op and doing really well. Been doing as the vet instructed with regards to her exercise and she is now on around 20 - 25 minutes walks, three times per day, on a harness and lead.

As of a couple of days ago, she's also getting a few minutes off lead in the garden for a sniff around as well a couple of times a day, but not for long than around 5 minutes at a time.

Not letting her off lead at all for anymore than that, especially not on walks in the hope that other dog walkers will see she's on lead and will keep their dogs away, just in case their bouncy and accidentally knock Molly. I plan to let her off lead on walks for short amounts of time in a few weeks or so.

Next week her walks will be increased by 5 minutes per walk to see how she cops but, so far, there have been no problems and she seems to be coping very well and not in any pain.

She's still every so slightly unsteady at times, but definitely improving every week, the strength will come in time and when she has more muscle building up.

I had her in work today with me and she pottered about the staff room off lead, mooched for food and had snoozes in her bed, so she was quite happy.

She also got a bath and hair cut today as well. I just went for short all over, apart from her head obvously, and a short skirt and short leg furnishings. More suited to Molly's needs now and she'll dry much quicker when she gets her hydrotherapy.

Here she is, looking much fresher....

Oh she looks absolutely adorable here.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I fear Molly's other leg has gone as of this morning.

Same symptoms as before, leg going under her, limping and tip toes when trying to weight bear. Back on Tuesday for a check up so will find out then if it is the cruciate unless she is fine by then.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 10:34 AM

Same symptoms as before, leg going under her, limping and tip toes when trying to weight bear. Back on Tuesday for a check up so will find out then if it is the cruciate unless she is fine by then.
Aww no, poor Molly. Lets hope she will be ok by Tues (((hugs)))
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Oh no, not what you or Molly wanted. It does sometimes happen though because of the extra strain their good leg takes.

Lets hope its not that though and she is much better by Tuesday. Everything is crossed for you and Molly here.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-04-2013, 11:28 AM

Oh no. Fingers [and everything] crossed that Tuesday's check-up will be fine.

(((hugs))) xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Oh that is bad news. I hope it turns out to be something like her putting more weight on the good one. That happened to me with my bad leg injury a few yrs ago. After a few months my 'good leg' hurt more than my 'bad leg'! Due to me being afraid to put any weight on the bad one and 'walking funny'. The good one swelled up more as well?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh that is bad news. I hope it turns out to be something like her putting more weight on the good one. That happened to me with my bad leg injury a few yrs ago. After a few months my 'good leg' hurt more than my 'bad leg'! Due to me being afraid to put any weight on the bad one and 'walking funny'. The good one swelled up more as well?
I'm hoping it's that but don't think it is unfortunately. It's not even a limp she has, she's wobbly on that leg and holding it under her, just like before.
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 10 11 12 13