View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 12:23 PM
infact, I have spent the same on a weekly food budget, have more to eat and healthier, so I dont find it more expensive, not this week anyway.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
As far as I'm concerned its not a diet its a way of life

Jeanette
Same here. I'm doing ok with the food part of my lifestyle change, the exercise part I'm struggling with. Getting up off my backside to go and do something I hate is horribly difficult

infact, I have spent the same on a weekly food budget, have more to eat and healthier, so I dont find it more expensive, not this week anyway.
Our shopping bill has actually gone down. We spend more on fruits and veggies but a lot less on cakes, crisps, fizzy drinks and processed foods.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Keeping an agreeable weight is hard work for some people who tend to put weight on easily.
Stacked against them can be low metabolism comfort eating or pure greed teamed with a lack of will power.
Setting a target weight and changing habits to achieve getting to the target is the easy bit.
The hard bit is not only making the changes needed to reach a target but changes needed for life.
The people who don't make changes for life will stay overweight or forever yo yo.

I am 9st. 4lbs.-- 5ft. 5ins.

I could easily be much laxer and indulge myself more but instead I keep fairly constant around this weight by not letting myself go more than 3lb over before I correct myself.

Ultimately it is will power for life or don't bother you will just slide back.

It can be done so get your mind set. Good Luck.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 12:32 PM
As far as the excercise is concerned I cant do a lot at the mo cos Ive just had major surgery but I can now walk a mile and needless to say the dogs cover a lot more.I try to do as much training as I can using that as my excercise
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Our shopping bill has actually gone down. We spend more on fruits and veggies but a lot less on cakes, crisps, fizzy drinks and processed foods.

Just realised that I have actually spent slightly less too as I got some chickens for the dog in with that shop, so slightly less than I would have spent on processed stuff etc. However, I will maybe need to nip out midweek for stuff, so it may yet still work out the same. Least it is definately not more.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Sorry for being realistic...
Umm, from where? Where did this "realism" come from?
Sure some people do put the weight back on, but this is a SUPPORT thread for people WANTING to lose weight and get more HEALTHY by changing their LIFESTYLE not diet.

Please do not ruin that for people who were looking forward to getting more healthy just so that you can add it to you "realism".

ETA: Oh and by the way, I lost 4lbs this week (through lifestyle changes NOT diet).
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
Umm, from where? Where did this "realism" come from?
Sure some people do put the weight back on, but this is a SUPPORT thread for people WANTING to lose weight and get more HEALTHY by changing their LIFESTYLE not diet.

Please do not ruin that for people who were looking forward to getting more healthy just so that you can add it to you "realism".

ETA: Oh and by the way, I lost 4lbs this week (through lifestyle changes NOT diet).
yay for you losing 4lb

I think someone really feels they should be losing weight but because they are scared of 'failure' or whatever, its easier to drag us down and make not 'dieting' acceptable to them. If its not that then it's just simply not nice tbh!

I'm still looking to improve my diet regardless of their 'statistics'
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post

I'm still looking to improve my diet regardless of their 'statistics'
Thanks

And same, that is the whole point really isn't it! Shame some people can't be happy/supportive of others though.

At least we have each other!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Congratulations Kammi
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2011, 01:49 PM

Well done on the 4lbs
Page 12 of 29 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »