Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh goody..........some traditions never die!!! Ask her what else they sing, because it's driving me bonkers
Old MacDonald and Kumbaya apparently. She's flaking now - it's been a loooong day for a six-year-old.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Sean Bean anytime anywhere for me
What about The Quartermasters Store

Peas, peas peas with dirty knees
In the Store
Nope, she raised her weary head and shook it when I asked her.

We'll be carrying her up any second ...
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Malka
What on earth is the Brasso song ????
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Is that the one that mentions Woolworths? Aw, that shop's gone on the high street now.
http://glyfix.com/soa/lyrics/brasso.html

My fathers a lavatory cleaner He cleans them by day and by night And when he comes home in the evening He's covered all over with . .

Chorus:
Shine your buttons with Brasso It's only three ha'pence a tin You can buy it or whip it from Woolworths But I don't think they've got any in

Verse: And when it came round to Christmas He gave my ma a great fright For instead of bringing her chocolates He brought her a box full of . . .

Chorus:

Verse: Some say that he died of a fever Some say that he died of a fit But, I know very well what he died of He died of the smell of the . . .

Chorus:

Verse: Some say that he's buried in a graveyard Some say that he's buried in a pit But, I know very well what he's buried in He's buried in six foot of . . .
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi Crystalgirl You can see how crazy it gets on here in an evening

I was a Brownie then a Guide, but didn't stay in Guides for long as I got 'interested' in boys My OH was a scout and then went into Venture Scouts and both of my sons were Beavers and then went on to Scouts. They loved it but they got keen on athletics and they couldn't do both. But they learnt a lot through the movement as did my OH. A great thing for youngsters to do.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Old MacDonald and Kumbaya apparently. She's flaking now - it's been a loooong day for a six-year-old.
Awwww, tell her nightie night from me.......she will sleep well tonight I think!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Malka OMG I must have lead a sheltered life
Going to let the oh see this as its right up his street
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
http://glyfix.com/soa/lyrics/brasso.html

My fathers a lavatory cleaner He cleans them by day and by night And when he comes home in the evening He's covered all over with . .

Chorus:
Shine your buttons with Brasso It's only three ha'pence a tin You can buy it or whip it from Woolworths But I don't think they've got any in

Verse: And when it came round to Christmas He gave my ma a great fright For instead of bringing her chocolates He brought her a box full of . . .

Chorus:

Verse: Some say that he died of a fever Some say that he died of a fit But, I know very well what he died of He died of the smell of the . . .

Chorus:

Verse: Some say that he's buried in a graveyard Some say that he's buried in a pit But, I know very well what he's buried in He's buried in six foot of . . .
....and on that note, I think it's time for bed, night night all, night johnboy.xxx

I've just watched The Hurt Locker for the 2nd time, absolutely brilliant film, makes you think......why do they do it???!!! Hats off to our brave young men I say!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Jenny all the best people were brownies and then guides

Malka, I have never heard that one..........are you SURE that it came from scout/guide meetings?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Awwww, tell her nightie night from me.......she will sleep well tonight I think!
I will - tomorrow. She's gone! Best get OH to carry her up.

I wish I'd done Girl Guides or Scouts. I really hope she carries on with it but it's got to be her choice. She loves it but suffers from inertia towards trying new things on her own.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 10:47 PM
I just asked my OH if he'd ever heard of the Brasso song and he had and just recited all the words He also remembers his Dad singing it to him. So it must be an old song
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >