View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 06:20 AM
i think it lookslike its doing quite good, just a little set back, not unexpected with a wound like that. hope hes ok today
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Good luck for today
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 06:23 AM
i think "he could" have gone UNDER a broken fence on his side & got stabbed by a fence post, which then pulled back in this skin & tore it.Are there fences around there?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks guys, im dreading dropping him off and then spending the whole day without him... I wish I was working today to give me something to do.

Emma, not really sure whats the best thing to do with it, I have never had a dog with a wound like this... My dad thinks it will be fine just left but he doesnt know a lot about these things. So I asked my uncle, who is a bit of a dog expert (he isnt a vet, but has owned dogs for over 60 years and so has much experience) and he said it will need stitched or else it will take ages to heal, and will leave a dent in his side...

Mish, there is a fence where it happened, I checked to see if there were any sharp bits that could have caused it. I couldnt see any that looks able to cause that, but it is still an option. Bits of it do stick out a bit... Not sure if they are sharp enough though.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Sorry to hear this LB - it looked like it was doing great on Sunday - but as others have said, unfortunately its not uncommon with a wound like that. Fingers crossed its just a minor set back and he will soon be all healed. Just think of the fun he's going to have then!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 07:08 AM
They were just thoughts, not sure what is best, if it isn't stitched it will take longer, though.
Fingers crossed that the day goes quick, Jake will be home before you know it xx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Mish, there is a fence where it happened, I checked to see if there were any sharp bits that could have caused it. I couldnt see any that looks able to cause that, but it is still an option. Bits of it do stick out a bit... Not sure if they are sharp enough though.
look to see if there was any broken bits on the ground , where he could have tryed to squeezeunderneath, he could have got his head under but his body got stuck, maybe it was small enough for a bunny or cat to squeeze through, but he got stuck & paniced when he tryed? evena bluntish stick/post if it gets stuck will tear the skin ifthe dogs weight is pulling the other way
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks guys. Just dropped him off there, he went with the woman fine until he turned to see I wasnt following, then sat down and wouldnt move. I had to leave so they could take him. Just cant wait to get him back now.

Hali, yeah it was looking great on sunday and the vet was pleased with it on thursday so we were nearly there. Its just disappointing coz now he needs to go through it all again. He will be going for many special walks when he is all better.

Thanks emma, im not sure what the vet will do today in regards to the infection, not sure what he can do but could maybe clean it out in some way. Hopefully the antibiotics will help too.

Mish, I will have a look later and see what I can see. A few people have suggested a badger did it, but not sure how likely that is coz I would expect other marks and for him to have made noise...
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Only just caught up,with this Lauren... poor Jake, I hope he gets better really soon, remember my Jamie had a setback and a further operation and he is really good now...
(((HUGS))) and setter-pointer kisses for you and {{{VIBES}}} for your boy.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Only just seen this, I hope Jake is ok! Thinking of you xxxx
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »