Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Therefore she did not sustain a racing injury.
Splitting a stopper pad is a racing injury. Like it or lump it, you stated that pets don't sustain racing injuries - yes they do.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
You've stated why you race your dogs at the Valley but you still havent said why you jeopardise the welfare of your dogs to running round an oval track in competition with 5 other dogs?
The dogs love it...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
The dogs love it...
Oh they do indeed, FUN fun fun!!
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
They're like a mad box of frogs in the car park when they hear them testing the hare, the noise sends them mad with excitement!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
They're like a mad box of frogs in the car park when they hear them testing the hare, the noise sends them mad with excitement!
My Terriers are the same, they absolutely LOVE it. There are a load there that run ex racers and Lurchers too, all adore it.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I've just heard of a track that has been booked out by a group and they are allowing other dogs to run, guess where Honey and Diesel are going in Feb so thats two tracks and two runs at least that mine will have, and they will hopefully have more if they both like it
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I've just heard of a track that has been booked out by a group and they are allowing other dogs to run, guess where Honey and Diesel are going in Feb so thats two tracks and two runs at least that mine will have, and they will hopefully have more if they both like it
OOO pm the track please, I might join you.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 06:09 PM
OOO pm the track please, I might join you.
Done
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I agree with you on an ethical vet will never put a dog down for no reason, but cant see why he should only be classed ethical if they use complementary therapy. if I have a sick animal I want the most effective treatment for my dog, I dont care how many greyhounds or other animals he has used in his training to gain the skills he has, and my guess is neither would you if the chips where down.
Well I do care how many healthy animals are used for a vet to gain his training skills which is why I would use alternative therapies as a first option.

So here's a thought for you, your dog needs specialized treatment, the vet that is recommended for the job, he is the best in his field, but you find out one day he was at some point in his earlier career, was what you hate, he has been involved in research on the greyhounds injuries, and this is how he has gained such expertise , does your dog who needs his skills, pay the price for your convictions, or do you allow said vet to treat your dog????
As I have said - I would use what I consider to be an ethical vet who is trained in complimentary therapies.

Racing injuries will be akin to the sprinter (human) , doing damage to his muscle/tendons, the surgeon doing the "fixing" will have done his research on the human body, he does not need to be specific to "sprinters".
Human bodies will have been alive not destroyed for economic purposes - so your analogy is poor to say the least.

Hence , my point, a greyhound used in research, will benifit ALL dogs, even maybe one of your own one day.
The research at Liverpool uni was specific to racing injuries - just how many times do I have to say that before you grasp it. Read the letter........

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=LU3006.jpg

A vet needs to "practice and have an understanding of the dogs anatomy , bone structure , muscles and tendons , not to mention organs.. they cant do so , unless they have "guinea pigs" to practice on.

So it is irrelevant , for what ever the reasons behind the dissection, the vet learns, and you are the recipient of his experience!! or your dogs are.[/COLOR]

Your principles seem to be, you protest about the way the expertise is got, but are willing to accept it when needed!.
Not in the least - read my reply above. Again you assume wrongly.

My farrier, used to practice and conduct his reseach on th eleg/hoof of a horse, most were racehorses, I was very grateful he learnt his expertise to treat my horses feet when needed.. where and on what he learnt it, did not matter to me.

As long as said animals are euthanised humainly, thats all that counts.
Which clearly shows you show no compassion or respect for animals, as long as those which you consider as your possessions are healthy - how sad
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 08:50 PM
http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...nsultation.pdf

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...d-guidance.pdf

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...nstruments.pdf

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...consultees.htm

Which proves that your claims that nobody is doing anything and they run unregulated IS being challenged when you say it isnt!
If you're going to quote me, then quote me correctly.

A) I have never stated the licensed industry runs 'unregulated' - -I have stated the licensed industry breaches UK and EU law.

B) Indeed, the proposals were challenged but Defra did not modify them to include - amongst other things - independent regulation as requested by 12, 000 respondents.
Page 114 of 157 « First < 14 64 104 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 124 > Last »