View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Yes, Ollie looks like he's moving is easier now. If he's more active he will get stronger but it will be a slow process.

Coping with a sick dog is very draining, some of us have been there, done that and got the T shirt! Ollie will pick up on your moods so try to be as upbeat as you can for him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Yes, Ollie looks like he's moving is easier now. If he's more active he will get stronger but it will be a slow process.

Coping with a sick dog is very draining, some of us have been there, done that and got the T shirt! Ollie will pick up on your moods so try to be as upbeat as you can for him.
Thank you he is moving easier isn't he ? But he has to be able to walk a relatively good distance at least once a week to be able to build up the muscle and stop him going stir crazy and getting depressed.

I have been here before with a very young dog that we nursed for 8 weeks with cancer 8 years ago. We spent 3 weeks taking it in turns sleeping on the sofa and with the back door open in March bbbrrrr because the garden was the only place he would sleep for a couple of hours. We did it because during the day he still had a relatively good quality of life and still loved his trot round the block we did not give up till he slept in the rain and Gorden had to go and physically wake him to bring him in from the rain it was then we decided to let him go guided by our vet.

I know how draining it is and that they pick up on your moods thats why my down moods are taken away from Ollie.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Ollie's such a star And so are you!

I still check here for regular updates on your gorgeous boy xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Hope Ollie can manage to walk a little further and keep getting stronger, also that you can rest and re-charge whenever possible, with other things you have going on. Thinking of n sending big cuddles to Ollie((xx)) and hugs to all of you (x)
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 09:46 AM
He certainly looks stronger. I dont suppose his neck was x-rayed was it? He looks just like he's got wobblers now!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 10:34 AM
So glad Ollie is beginning to show some improvement but you must feel totally drained. Hopefully things will get better as time goes on and you can relax a bit. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Ollie's such a star And so are you!

I still check here for regular updates on your gorgeous boy xx
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Hope Ollie can manage to walk a little further and keep getting stronger, also that you can rest and re-charge whenever possible, with other things you have going on. Thinking of n sending big cuddles to Ollie((xx)) and hugs to all of you (x)
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
He certainly looks stronger. I dont suppose his neck was x-rayed was it? He looks just like he's got wobblers now!
Thank you all he is getting there slowly.

Yes Dawn the neck was x-rayed.

I have had an e-mail back from Nadia the neurologist she has taken a look at the last two videos and was very pleased with his progress.

She now says it is time and and it will possibly take a very long time and of course we may not get 100% but as long as he can take a little stroll every few days if not every day I will be more than happy with that. Of course we know it could strike again or there may be problems in the future side effects of steroids or the muscle wastage that he has going on but we are prepared. For now we are living for now and making the most of what we have with him and it is at the moment better than I had been thinking we would get with him I must admit. Nadia said Ollie does not read the rule book so he is very hard to give any prognosis on.

I have asked if we can step up the taking him out for a little stroll now not to much but just a little trot out every now and then I think it would do him good mentally.

Just been out and got his waterproof sheet for his mattress he loves to go to bed on.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm so pleased that Nadia is pleased with his progress Lynn, she knows what she is talking about and I know she would be straight with you if she thought the steroids weren't working or Ollie was suffering, and that you and Gorden would heed that advice, regardless of the pain it may bring.

I'm also pleased that you are considering upping his little jaunts, something you never though would be possible a few weeks ago, and I'm sure his smiling face will be a real tonic to you, I know what you have all had to do over the last 6 or so weeks for your darling boy, and you have to be careful that it doesn't take it's toll on you...this is just the uplift you all need.

I've still got everything crossed that he continues to improve.

(((Hugs))) to you all xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm so pleased that Nadia is pleased with his progress Lynn, she knows what she is talking about and I know she would be straight with you if she thought the steroids weren't working or Ollie was suffering, and that you and Gorden would heed that advice, regardless of the pain it may bring.

I'm also pleased that you are considering upping his little jaunts, something you never though would be possible a few weeks ago, and I'm sure his smiling face will be a real tonic to you, I know what you have all had to do over the last 6 or so weeks for your darling boy, and you have to be careful that it doesn't take it's toll on you...this is just the uplift you all need.

I've still got everything crossed that he continues to improve.

(((Hugs))) to you all xxx
Thank you Sheree. Some times during the day he gets himself up the ramp and down again we are in the vicinity and there to steady him if he needs it but when he needs to go he needs to go and sometimes cannot wait for his harness and us to get our boots on.

He is also following me about more now round the house I came back this morning from getting his mattress cover he had his nose in my handbag because he knows I nearly always come back with some charcoal biscuits for him. I am not sure if they have anything in them that maybe his body needs because since being ill he has gone mad for them.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 02:37 PM
excellent news that Nadia is pleased with his progress. We all are too

Lets hope he continues and manages to get those extra trips out

Give him a bikky from me

xx
Page 112 of 123 « First < 12 62 102 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 122 > Last »