Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Your right no one deserves to get bitten, but the problem is if parents kept better control of there children, teenagers/adults didn't go around vandalising peoples property or trying to break into them, then the dog would be put in that situation in the first place.

I disagree that no one deserves to bitten. The evil sickos who abused my dogs before they were rescued did deserve to be bitten. Unfortunately all but one got away with their brutality without getting what they deserved
The one who did get bitten, was a child.
Not some innocent little cherub, but a kid who was old enough to know what he was doing, who chose to inflict deliberate excrutiating harm on a dog from puppyhood, as did the mother and the other three children. After a year of beatings, [ including with brooms ], and being in considerable pain from coat being so matted he could`nt move his legs properly and certainly not without great pain, including his entire male equipment being immobilised in the same solid matt which held his legs together, he finally snapped, once, and it connected with the brute of a childs face.
He was taken to be killed for it.
The vet, recognising the despicable suffering the dog had gone through, [ including untreated injuries ], rightly refused to kill him and made them sign him over and secured him a place in rescue instead.
He was fostered initially, during which time he was desensitised to children so he no longer fears them therefore does not feel he needs to protect himself from them.
He is mine now, and is terrific with children, is`nt bothered by them squealing and shrieking or running around, takes treats from them very gently, and loves being fussed by them.
Should be have been killed for finally reacting to what he`d been put through in deliberate acts of cruelty by the child he bit and still had the incredible self-restraint to only strike once rather than keep going and going until immobilising his abuser ?
Hell no.

Originally Posted by hades View Post
I cant believe someone would even think something like that, let alone write it!
Why would ANYONE in there right mind want to own a child killing dog...just because they didnt have kids.
Even to say it, is sick!
That is a shocking statement to make, I cant believe someone can think like that...are you for real!
Where does it statethat the dog which was effectively kidnapped and put in a horrendous situation was a `child killing dog` ?

Originally Posted by Malady View Post

Question for anyone really :

If one of the dogs that you own right now were in the same position and was let out by a stranger, then cornered by strange children and in it's defence, it bit one of them, what would you do ?
In such a scenario, I would get my dogs home, reinforce security to protect them better, then hunt down whoever let them out.
I would want to know anyone they bit was ok but would not blame my dogs nor allow anyone else to balme them for being in a situation caused by anyone moronic enough to let them out, any frightened animal is very limited on what they can do to defend themselves when scared, they should not be blamed for protecting themselves or reacting out of fear. If they bit the one who let them out, lets say any bites would be the least they would need hospital treatment for. Anyone who might put my dogs in danger in such a scenario, [ or any other ], would suffer severe retaliation from me.
My dogs would not get the blame, no way.
No dog bites for no reason. Humans may not always recognise the reason, and in many cases it will be medical but not outwardly obvious, but the dog will always have a reason.

Originally Posted by red collar View Post
Do you feel any sense of remorse at all for the injuries to the child, bajaluna?
In circumstances such as outlined in the instance as given, why should Bajaluna feel remorse over something caused by someone elses idiotic actions ?
She did nothing wrong, the dog defended itself after being put in a situation it should never have been put in, the remorse should be felt by the one who effectively stole the dog for traumatising the dog and for being the direct cause of her own child receiving a bite, [ I think I did read it was a single bite, not `a mauling from an uncrontrollable demon-dog`...].
The only blame and guilt as far as I can see, from the details given, should be firmly laid at the mothers door and her door only.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
But that does answer the question, because what would be your reaction if that situation I laid out did happen. Would you have your dog put to sleep?

I'll be perfectly honest about it, if someone jumped into my garden, my lot would have him/her for lunch, and I wouldn't care if he/she was 5, 10 or 20+.

If your not invited in, you should be there. End off.
Im sorry Colin, you asked me if the situaton had any bearing on the outcome, you laid out a scenario, I answered! How else can I answer? I have said it more than once, if a dog of mine attacked a human it would be pts, period.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I disagree that no one deserves to bitten. The evil sickos who abused my dogs before they were rescued did deserve to be bitten. Unfortunately all but one got away with their brutality without getting what they deserved
The one who did get bitten, was a child.
Not some innocent little cherub, but a kid who was old enough to know what he was doing, who chose to inflict deliberate excrutiating harm on a dog from puppyhood, as did the mother and the other three children. After a year of beatings, [ including with brooms ], and being in considerable pain from coat being so matted he could`nt move his legs properly and certainly not without great pain, including his entire male equipment being immobilised in the same solid matt which held his legs together, he finally snapped, once, and it connected with the brute of a childs face.
He was taken to be killed for it.
The vet, recognising the despicable suffering the dog had gone through, [ including untreated injuries ], rightly refused to kill him and made them sign him over and secured him a place in rescue instead.
He was fostered initially, during which time he was desensitised to children so he no longer fears them therefore does not feel he needs to protect himself from them.
He is mine now, and is terrific with children, is`nt bothered by them squealing and shrieking or running around, takes treats from them very gently, and loves being fussed by them. Should be have been killed for finally reacting to what he`d been put through in deliberate acts of cruelty by the child he bit and still had the incredible self-restraint to only strike once rather than keep going and going until immobilising his abuser ?
Hell no.

Where does it statethat the dog which was effectively kidnapped and put in a horrendous situation was a `child killing dog` ?

In such a scenario, I would get my dogs home, reinforce security to protect them better, then hunt down whoever let them out.
I would want to know anyone they bit was ok but would not blame my dogs nor allow anyone else to balme them for being in a situation caused by anyone moronic enough to let them out, any frightened animal is very limited on what they can do to defend themselves when scared, they should not be blamed for protecting themselves or reacting out of fear. If they bit the one who let them out, lets say any bites would be the least they would need hospital treatment for. Anyone who might put my dogs in danger in such a scenario, [ or any other ], would suffer severe retaliation from me.
My dogs would not get the blame, no way.
No dog bites for no reason. Humans may not always recognise the reason, and in many cases it will be medical but not outwardly obvious, but the dog will always have a reason.

In circumstances such as outlined in the instance as given, why should Bajaluna feel remorse over something caused by someone elses idiotic actions ?
She did nothing wrong, the dog defended itself after being put in a situation it should never have been put in, the remorse should be felt by the one who effectively stole the dog for traumatising the dog and for being the direct cause of her own child receiving a bite, [ I think I did read it was a single bite, not `a mauling from an uncrontrollable demon-dog`...].
The only blame and guilt as far as I can see, from the details given, should be firmly laid at the mothers door and her door only.
Unbelieveable first highlighted comment, just disgraceful that a human could say another deserves to be bitten especially when they go on to say it was a child. very very sad indeed.

and why should Bajaluna show remorse? Isnt she supposed to be the human? we do things like that, dogs dont.

I am quite frankly totally shocked.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im sorry Colin, you asked me if the situaton had any bearing on the outcome, you laid out a scenario, I answered! How else can I answer? I have said it more than once, if a dog of mine attacked a human it would be pts, period.
So, to give you another example, if someone started kicking the crap out of one of your dogs and your dog managed to defend himself, you would have your dog killed ?
For committing the `crime` of defending himself ?
Given your total unbending incredulous attitude of laying blame at a dogs door `no matter what` I can only assume that`s what you would do, never nmind blaming whoever was the cause.

I sincerely hope you were not responsible for assessing dogs at the rescue you were involved with, I dread to think how many defensive dogs might have had a death warrant put on them by you for being understandably reactive because of being abused by some sick sub-human.

Unreal
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:28 PM
So, to give you another example, if someone started kicking the crap out of one of your dogs and your dog managed to defend himself, you would have your dog killed ?
Given your total unbending incredulous attitude of laying blame at a dogs door `no matter what` I can only assume that`s what you would do, never nmind blaming whoever was the cause.

I sincerely hope you were not responsible for assessing dogs at the rescue you were involved with, I dread to think how many defensive dogs might have had a death warrant put on them by you for being understandably reactive because of being abused by some sick sub-human.

Unreal
Really, I find it totally inhuman that anyone would put an animal before a child, more so that they would consider a child old enough to know what they were doing. if you know what happened to your dogs and you say it was so bad, what was done about it by the appropriate authorities?

You can hope all you like Patch, however never ever on this earth will I make excuses for dogs, if they attack, and in this threads case, cause such damage that requires 50 stiches they would be pts in an instant and never ever be given a chance to inflict such damage on another human.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Unbelieveable first highlighted comment, just disgraceful that a human could say another deserves to be bitten especially when they go on to say it was a child. very very sad indeed.
What was sad was a child being allowed to repeatedly beat a dog.
If a human punches another human they deserve to be punched back.
If a human beats a dog, they deserve to be bitten.
Its called self defence.

and why should Bajaluna show remorse? Isnt she supposed to be the human? we do things like that, dogs dont.
Remorse is something someone should feel when they have done something wrong.She did nothing wrong. Why should she feel remorse about it ? A friend of mine was injured the other day by a pile of bricks toppling over on her. Do you feel remorse over it Dawn ?
Of course not, you did`nt cause it and you were`nt there. Nor was Bajaluna when her dog did something in self-defence while he was stolen.

I am quite frankly totally shocked.
I`m more shocked that you think its ok for dogs to be horrifically abused then to suggest the dog is somehow in the wrong for trying to protect himself Humans are often downright evil - yes Dawn, including some children.
They are not all sweet innocent little angels, some of them are downright nasty and cruel, so instead of pointing fingers at dogs which defend themselves, start pointing them at the parents who turn out the sort of children which seem to have been brought up to emulate Damien from The Omen.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

17-06-2008, 11:39 PM

Unreal
So agree with you but then we do have the experience of having abused dogs.

Really, I find it totally inhuman that anyone would put an animal before a child, more so that they would consider a child old enough to know what they were doing. if you know what happened to your dogs and you say it was so bad, what was done about it by the appropriate authorities?

You can hope all you like Patch, however never ever on this earth will I make excuses for dogs, if they attack, and in this threads case, cause such damage that requires 50 stiches they would be pts in an instant and never ever be given a chance to inflict such damage on another human.
Sorry Dawn but if I caught someone beating my dog in any way - the dog would not even get there first to bite!

Its called self defence.

Remorse is something someone should feel when they have done something wrong.She did nothing wrong. Why should she feel remorse about it ? A friend of mine was injured the other day by a pile of bricks toppling over on her. Do you feel remorse over it Dawn ?
Of course not, you did`nt cause it and you were`nt there. Nor was Bajaluna when her dog did something in self-defence while he was stolen.

I`m more shocked that you think its ok for dogs to be horrifically abused then to suggest the dog is somehow in the wrong for trying to protect himself Humans are often downright evil - yes Dawn, including some children.
They are not all sweet innocent little angels, some of them are downright nasty and cruel, so instead of pointing fingers at dogs which defend themselves, start pointing them at the parents who turn out the sort of children which seem to have been brought up to emulate Damien from The Omen.
As Ive said Patch couldnt agree more - why the hell is it wrong for a dog to protect itself whereas the parents and the children are totally not at fault?

I dont understand the reasons whereas in some way people argue that dogs should be treated as dogs but then argue that a dog acting as a dog should be pts? A dog has one way to defend itself if its being abused yet all of a sudden its supposed to understand that its a dog and should put up with it because its a child/adult whatever doing the abusing?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Really, I find it totally inhuman that anyone would put an animal before a child, more so that they would consider a child old enough to know what they were doing.
Oh the child knew alright. I would put an amoeba before a child if the child were an evil little s*d which inflicted harm for fun.

if you know what happened to your dogs and you say it was so bad, what was done about it by the appropriate authorities?
The vet as I understand it gave the owners the choice of surrendering the dog there and then or the RSPCA being called.They surrendered the dog.

Its a shame there are still people who believe in the `taste for blood` rubbish, and just as bad that you think its acceptable for people to abuse dogs with no comeback from that dog. [ and why keep on about `50 stitches`, how about remembering it was one bite, because if that dog had intended more than a single obviously defensive strike I suspect the child would have been killed and probably anyone trying to stop the dog would likely have sustained serious injuries as well ].

If all dogs which had bitten in defence were always going to do it again, how come two off mine which I`ve had for 11 years plus have never bitten anyone since they`ve been mine ?
Could it be because they have not needed to defend themselves anymore like they used to when they were being beaten and kicked without mercy from puppyhood ?
Or maybe its just luck eh Dawn ? [ Not ! ].
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Its called self defence.
The sad thing was the Vet never thought it was bad enough to report, obviously. I dont agree that "punching back" is right either, honestly cant grasp it at all, disgrace and its no wonder our society is falling apart with comments like that.

A friend of mine was injured the other day by a pile of bricks toppling over on her. Do you feel remorse over it Dawn ?
Dont be so silly, for petes sake patch.

I depair! damien the Omen now! I really dont think that one derserves a reply does it? He wasnt human was he? Like I say, HUMANS come before animals, every time.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh the child knew alright. I would put an amoeba before a child if the child were an evil little s*d which inflicted harm for fun.

The vet as I understand it gave the owners the choice of surrendering the dog there and then or the RSPCA being called.They surrendered the dog.

Its a shame there are still people who believe in the `taste for blood` rubbish, and just as bad that you think its acceptable for people to abuse dogs with no comeback from that dog. [ and why keep on about `50 stitches`, how about remembering it was one bite, because if that dog had intended more than a single obviously defensive strike I suspect the child would have been killed and probably anyone trying to stop the dog would likely have sustained serious injuries as well ].

If all dogs which had bitten in defence were always going to do it again, how come two off mine which I`ve had for 11 years plus have never bitten anyone since they`ve been mine ?
Could it be because they have not needed to defend themselves anymore like they used to when they were being beaten and kicked without mercy from puppyhood ?
Or maybe its just luck eh Dawn ? [ Not ! ].
Its a Vets duty to report "absolute cruelty" he obviously didnt see that in your case, as the proper thing to do would be to have made the previous owners responsible for their actions, not get away with it.
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 31 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »