Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
SLB - regading your supplier over charging - i would contact Ceri at CSJ and speak to her, i bet she'd be very interested in what you have to say, especially if this supplier is charging more than they should be, its putting off potential customers such as yourself.

I feed CSJ and have a local supplier, he deliveres it to my door for free as well and the prices are no different from the CSJ website
I feed the champ as thats all they had, the puppy champ went up from £10 to £14 - OK so it's only 4 pounds but I have worked out that I can spend £25 a fortnight to get rabbit food/shavings and dog food (well that's how long food lasts for) so I get the bale of shavings for £5.95 from a local riding school at my parents, rabbit food is £10 from a different pet store and the CSJ was the other tenner. But the adult champ was £19.99 - way more than we can afford.

I think I will ring her but they're happy on this new food for now - we may go back to the CSJ if this food changes their condition - for the worse. I was going to order offline but it would cost me £16 for one bag so not much better. Whilst he's happy atm I'm not going to worry too much, thank you anyway
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I feed the champ as thats all they had, the puppy champ went up from £10 to £14 - OK so it's only 4 pounds but I have worked out that I can spend £25 a fortnight to get rabbit food/shavings and dog food (well that's how long food lasts for) so I get the bale of shavings for £5.95 from a local riding school at my parents, rabbit food is £10 from a different pet store and the CSJ was the other tenner. But the adult champ was £19.99 - way more than we can afford.

I think I will ring her but they're happy on this new food for now - we may go back to the CSJ if this food changes their condition - for the worse. I was going to order offline but it would cost me £16 for one bag so not much better. Whilst he's happy atm I'm not going to worry too much, thank you anyway
£ 19.00 for Adult Champ ! its £ 10.05 on the website, how can your supplier justify charging nearly a tenner extra..disgusting

I would deffo speak to Ceri !!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 12:21 PM
£ 19.00 for Adult Champ ! its £ 10.05 on the website, how can your supplier justify charging nearly a tenner extra..disgusting

I would deffo speak to Ceri !!!
I will - I'll have to go again for sure and make sure I'm not making figures up in my head or getting them mixed up with others - but I will talk to her after I go and see the prices again
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2011, 05:06 PM
As suppliers ourselves there is no way we would ever charge that price for Champ - I wonder if they are quoting for Lamb and Rice instead? Even with the December price increase Champ should only be 10.05 - what do they charge for That'll Do (we would charge website price of £11.25), could be another option if they really are charging that much for Champ? CSJ do ask you not do advertise their foods for lower than the website prices so I guess in theory you could charge slightly more but I think there has probably been an error somewhere along the line (hopefully!)
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2011, 05:08 PM
But back to the original question... our pup has CSJ CP27 but will soon mix this in with CP21, and the flyball dogs have fit and fast - when they were racing hard (and I felt richer) I put them on CP24 which they absolutely thrived on...
They also get treats like eggs, veg, meat, fish etc
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Currently Millie is on Wainwrights senior turkey and rice but her coats getting dull, her energy is decreasing a bit and it's hard to make her eat it.
Her favourite is James Wellbeloved which i was thinking of putting her back on but the fibre is too high at 4.5% so she gets the runs quite badly.

I loved her on Arden Grange but she got constipated (2% fibre) but apart from that she thrived on it.

I'm planning on putting her on fish4dogs soon as she has always liked 'fishy' flavours and the fibre is around 3.5% which should settle her down a nicely. As well as that i'm looking at giving her a chicken leg or something for her tea
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I feed totally raw although I do keep Orijen kibble for emergencies and Natures Harvest Vacuum packed dog food.

If I had to feed commercial diet I would feed Orijen as it is, IMHO, the nearest to a raw diet as possible in this format and twice been voted dog food of the year by the Glycemic Institute, it contains no grains or cereals.

My dogs LOVE it and I use it for tracking training and treats.
I fed Orijen 6 fish for 6 mos or so, but Oliver was having issues with the extremely high protein content (44%) so I switched to Acana Pacifica, which is also grain free, but only 33% protein. Acana is made by the same company as Orijen, made from all Alberta ingredients, except the salmon, of course, comes from BC. Champion pet foods is located only about 2 hours from my house, which is why I love it. Oliver is doing much better on the lower protein food. Raw meat only has around 22% protein. But I really want to keep things grain-free, if possible.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I fed Orijen 6 fish for 6 mos or so, but Oliver was having issues with the extremely high protein content (44%) so I switched to Acana Pacifica, which is also grain free, but only 33% protein. Acana is made by the same company as Orijen, made from all Alberta ingredients, except the salmon, of course, comes from BC. Champion pet foods is located only about 2 hours from my house, which is why I love it. Oliver is doing much better on the lower protein food. Raw meat only has around 22% protein. But I really want to keep things grain-free, if possible.
Hi have heard good things about Acana and Orijen, its sooo expensive here though i can't afford it
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi have heard good things about Acana and Orijen, its sooo expensive here though i can't afford it
Yes it is very expensive here too. Tho Acana is a little less expensive than Orijen, but that's not why I switched, the protein content was just too high for Oliver. Orijen is approx $75 CAD for a 30 lb bag, and Acana is $62 CAD for the same size. but Acana comes in non grain free types too, which is cheaper, tho I prefer grain free so stick with it.
CamiRose
New Member!
Female 

04-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi, everyone!

I just found this website and am very interested in what everyone feeds their dogs. I am in the US so we may not have the same brands of food that a lot of you do so I was not familiar with the names.

We have 22 dogs (rescues - we don't breed) and we feed a homemade diet, using recipes from the book by Dr. Pitcairn. We also feed raw tripe which we get directly from the slaughterhouse and clean ourselves. We've been feeding the tripe for about 3 years now. Before that, we fed the homemade diet but used meats other than tripe. I saw several people mentioned tripe in their posts. I would be most interested in more information from those people on how they feel it has impacted their dog's health. One of our vets is totally against it and several others think it's a wonderful food.

Thank you!
Page 11 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >