View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 08:02 AM
We all know you did the right thing Vicki honey and you know you did too. Doesn't mean it makes it any easier. Big hugs xxxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thank you so much for that post.

I know what I did was right, but 24 hours after I did it, the doubts started to creep in.

Baz put it in perspective for me - he asked me did I remember that Roxy used to run out of the door and up the side alley so fast, we had to run to catch up with her to try and stop her scavenging? This was only about 2-3 months ago.

Of course, at the end, she had trouble traversing the front door ledge and then the step, so we would carry her to the start of the alley and put her on the ground. She would then just lie down.....

Her back legs kept collapsing, she was riddled with arthritis, deaf, her eyesight was going, she had dementia and her front paws were infected and we couldn't get that cleared up no matter what we did.

Dean (vet) said she might have another week to 10 days, but with no quality of life.

It was time.....

Thinking of you Hun {{{Hugs}}}

You did the right thing x
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I am so sorry you are going through this Vicki, if you had left it any longer you would be beating yourself up as to whether you left it too late (I have been there and done that), in a years time a week will seem a very short time and i am sure you will realise you were absolutely right to make that difficult decision.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Aww Vicki, you no in your heart it was the right time, thinking of you xxxxx
Page 11 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11