View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Hi Jenny - I too puzzled over that email of H's AND about her putting the lotion on before showering.........poor thing Let's just put it all down to anxiety over Zena shall we and say no more about it

I judged my fence (a very pretty one it was too) on Tuesday, and had a wonderful day with good company to share it with. You never quite know who you will be paired with, but this lady shared my sense of humour The only real dramas, fortunately, were loose horses going hell for leather back to the lorry park - the trouble is, with these modern air bag things that the riders wear now, when they go off as the rider leaves the saddle they make a rather spectacular bang. Horse thinks "cripes, it missed me that time - not hanging around for it to have another go" and legs it. No real injuries to horses or riders, and I am so pleased that your friend Alice will be coming out of hospital soon. Poor thing has really been through it by the sounds of things.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 06:47 PM
His number's being text over to me now. If he can't do it my friends OH will get over at some point and get it closed, he said to me one way or another it will be closed!!!!!
I DO want to be able to open and close it though, if it is going backwards then can't really see that it is the motor or a fuse, its got to be something silly. (Probably me in that case )
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:48 PM
So sorry to hear your news about your dad Lorraine. Its going to be a difficult time for you (((hugs)))
Ive got some good news amongst all the gloom My Grandaughter just phoned me saying she has had an unconditional offer for John Moore Uni in Liverpool even before her A Level results come out. Its the Uni she wanted as well Bless her she was in tears when she phoned me & her Mum & Dad are still in Turkey till tomorrow & still dont know about it - although she has inboxed them. Im really thrilled for her
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Sally, never heard of these air bag things, when I was last riding, body protectors were beginning to come in, but it was like hard hats years ago, only newbies wore them. Took ages for me to come to terms with wearing a hard hat because I spent more years riding without one than with one.
So they go off with a bang when you fall off, that could cause more damage than it would solve, if the horse decided to kick whatever it was that had made the bang. Not sure of the thinking behind them really.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Oh Taffsmum, a very big Well Done to your grandaughter
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Sounds more like something stuck in it,maybe some girlie hair!! Hubby did suggest having someone pull the glass closed while another presses the button closed,I told him he was a tube!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 06:54 PM
No girlies been in the car, they haven't had chance to muck it up even!!!
Have tried to ease it forward when pressing the button, that was when it was moving a little, but now it won't move at all.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 06:54 PM

CONGRATULATIONS TO TM's GRAND- DAUGHTER, brilliant news xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Just spoke to the guy, who remembered me, and he is coming over tomorrow tea time.
He said are you still living in the same place and I said yes, you can't miss the car, its red with a blue tarp on the roof!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Congratulations to your grand daughter Taffsmum.......you must be very proud of her

TW, who would think that a tiny little sun roof could cause so much anxiety!! I am sure that it will be sorted for you, so nil desperandum.......never heard of one getting stuck before though

These rider air bags have been around for a while now - and since the year not so long ago when riders were being killed right left and centre I THINK, (may be wrong) that they are more or less compulsory. Mind you, we were told on Tuesday that if someone fell off and wanted to continue, they could do providing they had a body protector on underneath the gone off bag! When they first came in, the biggest problem was riders forgetting about them - there is a tape which attaches to the saddle, and if you leave the saddle the tape activates the air bag. So, everyone was leaping off after their round, completely forgetting to unhook the tape first! Very embarrassing. They DO work well although obviously don't stop you breaking arms or legs. I too used to ride sans hat, and with the minimum amount of clothing, but I suppose you get used to the extra bulk after a bit.
Page 11 of 19 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »