Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Thanks.

Hmmmm, a drunk, high vegie, that sounds interesting,wanna give it a go.
Sounds good to me you name the time and the place Seriously was a great post though!
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
The favour would be to realise you are not winning any fans.
Why would I want to win fans?

I coordinate a greyhound protection group not a fan club.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Gosh Jodie will have nothing to moan about, it will be devastating!
I would hate to disappoint you but..........

http://www.greytexploitations.com/re...-and-worthless
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Or perhaps "assumes" Just say it anyway and call it an allegation to gain support, ho ho ho, is it that time of year again. And you wonder why people take no notice.
No..........its exactly as I stated - an allegation not an assumption.

If people aren't taking any notice of me - why are you trying to defend the racing industry in this debate
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
You're absolutely correct Dawn, if anyone wants a copy I'm happy to paste it on here.

The Welsh assembly is also bringing in something similar for Welsh flapping, we will have a licence of some sort and our dogs will be listed on this licence, if we buy new dogs or sell any, we have to update the licence. I'm sure they were wanting to inspect premises/kennels too.
Sorry Nav but is this the same Welsh assembly that has done so much for puppy farming?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Oh right so because the industry says its what they do (actually they do try do deny it but hey ho) its fine for them to do? Sorry but what are the reasons they kill dogs then? Because they are no longer useful, cant find homes for them, cant be bothered to take them home themselves? That makes it ok in your eyes?
I have never said that it is ok for dogs to be pts, I have said repeatadly that I do not agree with everything that goes on in the industry, you just like to keep going over the same ground, picking on the same things, and getting no where, we are going around in circles, but maybe thats what you want

But it doesn’t answer it does it?

Of course some people have to give up their dogs for various reasons but most do not buy them or breed them knowing damn well they will be put into recue at pretty much best – do they? Certainly most have not used them to make money and put them into rescue when they get too old to do so, or maybe in your vast experience most pet owners do?
When I got that I could think of one group of people, and actually I feel that it does answer it, as it gives you other people who do this, but then you don't want to hear this do you?

Arh again back to the unable to be educated argument of yours – im now illiterate because I disagree with you – whatever what is your degree in?
Do I say that I have a degree, no I don't.

So the cruelty is not the main concern of yours then?
Yes, but the whole industry is not cruel, you judge everyone from your moral high ground, there is probaly things that you do that everyone doesn't agree with, or things that people you associate with that people don't agree with, but then people wont immediatly judge you on what people you know have done, would they, so I don't think that the whole Greyhound racing should be judged, its unfair IMHO to do this, no group of people can be judged in such a way, as everyone is indiviuals.

What do you mean places with loads of greyhounds and less other dogs needing homes? Every rescue around the country is full of dogs needing homes all that the industry does is add to that number! There is not a rescue in the country right now that does not have lots of dogs needing homes of all sorts of breeds and x breeds – I thought you helped out in staffy rescue!
I was talking about straight from the racing kennels, and yes I helped out in a staffy rescue, what I'm saying is though if a racing kennels has loads of dogs there then they can't get as much one on one contact as if they were in a home, surely it would be better for people to rehome ex racers if they are not keeping them then wouldn't it be better for them to go into a pet home then stay at the racing kennels.

I think you’ll find ‘if you read properly’ I already have! But of course its only us anti’s that cant read isn’t it.
God you are so up yourself aren't you, and now you also know how I feel with your posts!! Its only recently that you came off the ignore list!!

You kept bringing things out of context, maybe you like doing that I don't know, you were quoting things that I said that were answers to a question from you!! And at one point was saying that I thought that no one else had expeirence because it was a favourite of yours to quote a answer to a question that you asked about what experience you have, I have been called cruel from you to point that its not even funny anymore!!

After this you will go back where you belong, on my ignore list, and I don't even care whether this post is considered personal, or anything either.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:23 PM
So you'd be happy if I said the Greytexploits website is allegedly full of lies, exagerations and untruths?

I feel you're out of order on this account, say I had been considering buying a pup reared by Graham and decided not to because he has allegedly been prosectuted for poor animal husbandry. Not on!

Say what you like about the website - the facts cannot be disputed and anyone with an ounce of intelligence with no vested interest in greyhound racing will draw the same rational conclusion.

I wouldn't expect you or anyone else considering buying a racing greyhound to consider an 'allegation' made against Graham Hutt - least of all from someone opposed to greyhound racing. Regardless - surely wouldn't you look for more information on the breeder rather than just hearsay??
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:25 PM
The fact that dogs are pts by an organisation that you support in exactly the same way that some greyhounds are pts certainly holds some relevance in my view.
You're assuming again...........where have I stated I support PETA?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Pardon! How do I gain financially by running greyhounds? The money goes one way...out!!
Then why do you jeopardise the welfare of your dogs to running round an oval track in competition with 5 other dogs?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
How were you and 12,000 others ignored?

You were ignored by a government that you believe will abolish greyhound racing? What a joke!
Just how many times can you and Borderdawn be wrong in one night

The 12,000 respondents asked for independent regulation - not abolition.
Page 109 of 157 « First < 9 59 99 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 119 > Last »