View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Or the time I bought him a cheap pack of boxers on Ebay, he soon found out why they were cheap, they were made of two backs not a front and a back.
He was 'restricted' all day!

I hasten to add I don't normally buy pants on Ebay but I was having a clearout and discarding the 'before I met Becky' pants to, 'after I met Becky' pants.
Bit like marking my territory I s'pose.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Brilliant Mrs. glad you're off another week and your sense of humour is still with you
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Brilliant Mrs. glad you're off another week and your sense of humour is still with you
My sense of humour never leaves me, I may mislay it briefly but find it in the end.

Right now I am having to put up with singing and loud music from the garage and the thud from darts hitting the board.... Charlie? Nope, it's the OH, gawd knows what the neighbours think.
In he comes and says 'That daft dog is rolling around on her back in the middle of the lawn'.
'Oh, you mean like she's rolling in something?
'Yes!'
'That's because she IS rolling in something!'
What can you do, Inca was rolling earlier and knows I'm keeping my eye on her, but the OH, she knows as far as dogs go he's not as on the ball as me.

Nevermind when she stinks of hedgehog poo she can go sit with her Daddy. She can get him back for when he let her out in the garden when she was in season.... and she still had her Mikki pants on. Poor Inky.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 07:06 PM
So glad you've got another week off, and I just love the bit about going back "on your terms - not so much work"!!!! LOl! HOw many people would be able to say that to their employers then??? That'd give Dave a good laugh if one of his mechanics came in and said his doctor said he's not allowed to do so much work!!!! Different with you I know, coz you are given a certain amount of jobs, so you'll just have to come clean and tell them it's NOT possible to get through it all, so they'll have to give you less.

Dave was talking to one of his customers tonight who is also a carer working for a local company, and he said the list left on the passenger seat of tomorrow's work was pretty horrendous, it filled a size A4 page!!! I asked our own carer this morning whether she's still happy here, she isn't getting bored with the same old faces each day and the same old work, and she said she was in absolute heaven not having to go to umpteen different places every day, chasing her a*s! Something you ought to think about Becky, maybe put an ad in the local store advertising your services (don't put any in the telephone kiosks though )

Now, the reason I'm posting in here is, you mention hedgehog poo and I'm wondering if you've ever actually seen it??? What does it look like coz I'm baffled about some large dollops around my bird stations, and it's definitely not rats coz of course I know what their poo looks like having had horses, and it's too big for birds, it's not cats, so I'm at a loss and wondering if you could help me out here???!!! This is ligit, I really do want to know!!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Now, the reason I'm posting in here is, you mention hedgehog poo and I'm wondering if you've ever actually seen it??? What does it look like coz I'm baffled about some large dollops around my bird stations, and it's definitely not rats coz of course I know what their poo looks like having had horses, and it's too big for birds, it's not cats, so I'm at a loss and wondering if you could help me out here???!!! This is ligit, I really do want to know!!!
Things I do for you H......this is hedgehog poo

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 07:26 PM
That's it!!!!!! You've put me out of my misery thanks Becky!!!

p.s. how big would you say that is though???? Is it quite soft too??? See, if you'd have put something alongside it I would have got a better idea of the size???!!! Anyhow, it looks very familiar and I've just about ruled out everything else, and it is near the place where Dave disturbed a hibernating hedgehog underneath the hedge last winter, so I'm sure that's it. Just a thought as I typed that, do you think they call them hedgehogs coz they like to be underneath hedges then coz my hedge is humungous and they'd love it!!! Thanks Becky.xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
My sense of humour never leaves me, I may mislay it briefly but find it in the end.

Right now I am having to put up with singing and loud music from the garage and the thud from darts hitting the board.... Charlie? Nope, it's the OH, gawd knows what the neighbours think.
In he comes and says 'That daft dog is rolling around on her back in the middle of the lawn'.
'Oh, you mean like she's rolling in something?
'Yes!'
'That's because she IS rolling in something!'
What can you do, Inca was rolling earlier and knows I'm keeping my eye on her, but the OH, she knows as far as dogs go he's not as on the ball as me.

Nevermind when she stinks of hedgehog poo she can go sit with her Daddy. She can get him back for when he let her out in the garden when she was in season.... and she still had her Mikki pants on. Poor Inky.
Glad to hear it! Made OH bath Cassie the other week as he'd 'watched' her roll in something when they were out. He said he couldn't smell it but it hit me like a wall
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 07:37 PM
So glad you've got another week off, and I just love the bit about going back "on your terms - not so much work"!!!! LOl! HOw many people would be able to say that to their employers then??? That'd give Dave a good laugh if one of his mechanics came in and said his doctor said he's not allowed to do so much work!!!! Different with you I know, coz you are given a certain amount of jobs, so you'll just have to come clean and tell them it's NOT possible to get through it all, so they'll have to give you less.

Dave was talking to one of his customers tonight who is also a carer working for a local company, and he said the list left on the passenger seat of tomorrow's work was pretty horrendous, it filled a size A4 page!!! I asked our own carer this morning whether she's still happy here, she isn't getting bored with the same old faces each day and the same old work, and she said she was in absolute heaven not having to go to umpteen different places every day, chasing her a*s! Something you ought to think about Becky, maybe put an ad in the local store advertising your services (don't put any in the telephone kiosks though )
As for work, you forget, I am the one in charge of how much work I get. I start work at 7am most days, well everyday, work til 8am, take Charlie to school and that is only since his op, will be back to normal come Sept hopefully and I will work through. But I normally do 'care' calls until mid-morning/10ish then am in the office until at least 4pm. On Tuesdays I am on call, which means all calls to the office come though to me at home or if I am working. I could have to do tea runs, 4-6pm or evening runs 7-10pm. On the weekends I work, doing care calls, 7am-10pm with a break after lunch and an hour at 6pm. Once a fortnight I have to do the rotas for everyone, which usually takes 2-3hrs and I do these at home on Tue evenings.
In the office I answer the phone, take referrals, etc. I am a risk assessor which means I go out and assess every new client, take all their details, risk assess their home, if it is safe, take all their medication details and history. I do the weekly update on Wed. I keep the address sheets etc up to date. I also have to give clients a review at least yearly, it can be over the phone for housework clients but face to face with other. My friend helps with this. Plus I have to cover all sick work, if clients need extra calls or carers I have to do that too.
The big killer is when someone goes sick or is on holiday, if I can't persuade another carer to do the work, and to be honest I know how pushed they all are and it is also my responsibility to make sure they are safe to work so it is up to me to cover it, which often means I have to do it.
Ultimately it is my bosses responsibility to make sure I am safe to work, I was telling them I was tired, sick, etc but to no avail.
I always tell them that is not humanly possible to do EVRYTHING, but will make sure they listen from now on because I hate feeling like this.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 07:40 PM
That's it!!!!!! You've put me out of my misery thanks Becky!!!

p.s. how big would you say that is though???? Is it quite soft too??? See, if you'd have put something alongside it I would have got a better idea of the size???!!! Anyhow, it looks very familiar and I've just about ruled out everything else, and it is near the place where Dave disturbed a hibernating hedgehog underneath the hedge last winter, so I'm sure that's it. Just a thought as I typed that, do you think they call them hedgehogs coz they like to be underneath hedges then coz my hedge is humungous and they'd love it!!! Thanks Becky.xxx
LMAO, it's not MY hedgehog poo H! Do you think I nipped out with my camera to take a piccie of poo? I do have neighbours you know!
Well actually I would've if I could've found some poo for you, anything to help, but that particular poo and it's descripton are from here....

http://www.wildchicken.com/nature/ga...07_mammals.htm
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Glad you have another week off, Becky.
Hope you feel better for it *hugs*
Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >