Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2005, 07:36 PM
i didn't think they could
when i asked about tobys scores etc i was told by the kc the breeder has to send it in writting even though they had all his results on the database as it is them that put them on the dog.
i still think it is better to have a contract with a new owner than nothing at all.
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Oh I agree Leo and I'm not saying that the restrictions should be lifted regardless of who the original agreement was with, but unfortunately it has happened.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Staffy
Mini I sold a pup to a girl who I thought was decent, showed me round a lovely home, nicely fenced in garden, met the family lovely I thought......yeah right, turned out she showed me round her mother's house and not her own, her kid was evil and stabbed the pup with a pen several times. Also found out from a neighbour that she has had dogs before and they were kept in a kitchen cupboard. I did get the pup back fortunately when he was 12 weeks old. She didn't want me to buy him back she just wanted me to take him back.
this has happened to me in the past people give you an address to visit and it isnt theirs I have been doing rescue now for the past 6 years but am stil amazed at how sly people can be now I always make afew phone calls to see if they are at the house that corrisponds with the no check the phone book and often turn up on another day thare are always follow up calls done once the people get the dog. nothing is fool proof but you live and learn
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-01-2005, 04:15 PM
any kind of checks are better than none at all at the end of the day its all about doing what is best for the dog as much as you can in any way you can.
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10