View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CotonMom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2011, 02:55 PM
It depends on your dog but you might want to go for medium and large. My little guys like the small ones, as they are heavy enough for them to carry around.

Btw the company that sells them in Canada uses only naturally shed antlers that fall off post mating season.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
does anyone know what size would be best to get for a gsd and a 15kg terrier?
I got two XLs for mine (Rottie x and GSD) and I ordered a medium for my mum's Collie x but they sent a large. A medium would've been fine for her and a large probably fine for my two (they inherited my Christmas foster's large one when she left as she was going back to kennels)
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Hmm.....don't they market them from a week to a month?

...I would give them a call and query!
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Blooming 'eck Evie are you sure you haven't got lions in your house My dogs have very strong jaws being sheps, but they haven't made much impression on them at all so far, just the outer coating and about 1/4 inch off the ends and some marrow, but that's incredible!!!

I'd give them a ring and send them that pic!
I'm really unimpressed now with this company. I sent an email with a photo and they emailed me back saying that "some dogs need the mineral intake and then slow down"....
So are they trying to tell me that my dogs are lacking in something and it's my fault I haven't been feeding them right? I've emailed back to ask which minerals in particular would be contained in antler that might be lacking in a diet of raw meat, bone and organs. And do they think that I should pop the dogs along to the vet for blood tests.

Between the dimissive attitude when I first pointed out my order hadn't arrived, then they eventually listened to me and got a delivery sent to me, now this. I wouldn't be keen to pay out that kinda money to Puredog again.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 03:20 PM
To be fair to Puredog, it is a natural product and the rate at which your dogs eat it isn't something they can control - they can guess a "shelf life" but there'll always be dogs at either extreme (e.g. my two can munch through RMBs in 5 minutes yet the antlers have lasted months!). Bit rude of them to suggest some kind of deficiency though. They were very helpful when I emailed in so I'm surprised to hear of their response to you, what a shame.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
To be fair to Puredog, it is a natural product and the rate at which your dogs eat it isn't something they can control - they can guess a "shelf life" but there'll always be dogs at either extreme (e.g. my two can munch through RMBs in 5 minutes yet the antlers have lasted months!). Bit rude of them to suggest some kind of deficiency though. They were very helpful when I emailed in so I'm surprised to hear of their response to you, what a shame.
They've just emailed me back now retracing their words and saying that perhaps these ones were "softer" than most stagbars and that my dogs particularly enjoyed them. At those prices for the sake of 12 hours chewing, I won't be buying them again.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I am thinking of marketing the whole ones as back scratchers---they are really good!

rune
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
They've just emailed me back now retracing their words and saying that perhaps these ones were "softer" than most stagbars and that my dogs particularly enjoyed them. At those prices for the sake of 12 hours chewing, I won't be buying them again.
You would have thought as a gesture of good will they would have sent you another one out free of charge.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:24 AM
def think the Whiter ones are softer than the blacker ones.

I think at the start they go bonkers for them & then it settles down.

mine much prefer to bones. We have to limit Lilys chewing abit cos she will just chew until she explodes! But the collies self regulate.

I think they are quite expensive, but overall ive been very pleased.

Evie , out of interest , my firsts ones didnt arrive & they were very polite & prompt sending replacements to me.

I think collies are def Large size & GSD XL, a terrier would be Medium (imo)
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 10:45 AM
altho not from 'puredog' my guys have made a real good dent on one(half gone) and not on the other,and they have had them a couple of days... maybe its down to how healthy/old that particular deer was lol
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Must admit mine started to loose interest today which is very strange especially for Bandit.If the dogs are indoors they have them in their separate crates to stop any punch up's and when i checked on Hetty she was lay asleep on hers lol....Cheers..Ian.
Page 10 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »