Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Its beef offal mainly with vitamins minerals and vegetable and seaweed extracts to make to make the 'jelly' plus min of 4% of whats on the label i.e. chicken The do not use cereals or grain as a filler.

Edit; the Butchers food that is
you could get a lot worse
I agree - there is worse - the tripe is better than the other stuff and the biscuits. Makes smelly farts but has done some good for Sadie - and I don't mind anyone jumping in on the thread - everyone needs help from time to time
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Is this the food you mean? http://www.millbryhill.co.uk/pet-pro...king-37114.htm

Did you get to read the other ingredients list on the bag?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Well, I dunno if I'll help you at all, as I'm on a different continent but here goes:

Oliver and Mouse get fed Acana Pacifica, a grain-free, high protein food, that costs $64 CAD for a 30 lb bag. However it lasts a long time, as there are no fillers, and I feed less than other foods. Scout, Zoe and Boo get a mix of Acana Pacifica, and Natural Balance Vegetarian, as they all have weight gain issues, and need a lot less protein and fat. Mouse and Zoe get raw chicken legs, wings, turkey necks, once in awhile as a meal. Oliver cannot have anything but fish as a meat source, Scout cant have poultry, Boo has some licking issues, so there is an allergy somewhere, so I am beginning an exclusion diet... starting with animal proteins, so nothing but fish for him, for now.

I used to feed tripe, but Mouse broke out into hives, and Oliver gets sick, so I've quit with that. I sprinkle dried kelp to help with digestion, I feed raw or frozen fruits and veggies as treats, (frozen blueberries being a favourite)

Diet is a HUGE part of health, and I want my pups to get the best I can afford.... I just spent $115 CAD on dog food yesterday, and that'll last about a month, not including the extras... so yes, I spend ALOT on feeding my puppers
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Is this the food you mean? http://www.millbryhill.co.uk/pet-pro...king-37114.htm

Did you get to read the other ingredients list on the bag?
Thats the one!

How did you find it - I trawled for ages and no I didn't the sack got emptied into the barrel with the last of the old stuff once the dogs were used to it...will let you know next time we buy a bag - next week I think it will be although I'm not feeding as much as they are bigger biscuits and I am adding wet food and sometimes fish. But atm - I have a different problem with him and the new food hasn't changed his coat yet - it's still shiny as ever - it better stay that way!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Well, I dunno if I'll help you at all, as I'm on a different continent but here goes:

Oliver and Mouse get fed Acana Pacifica, a grain-free, high protein food, that costs $64 CAD for a 30 lb bag. However it lasts a long time, as there are no fillers, and I feed less than other foods. Scout, Zoe and Boo get a mix of Acana Pacifica, and Natural Balance Vegetarian, as they all have weight gain issues, and need a lot less protein and fat. Mouse and Zoe get raw chicken legs, wings, turkey necks, once in awhile as a meal. Oliver cannot have anything but fish as a meat source, Scout cant have poultry, Boo has some licking issues, so there is an allergy somewhere, so I am beginning an exclusion diet... starting with animal proteins, so nothing but fish for him, for now.

I used to feed tripe, but Mouse broke out into hives, and Oliver gets sick, so I've quit with that. I sprinkle dried kelp to help with digestion, I feed raw or frozen fruits and veggies as treats, (frozen blueberries being a favourite)

Diet is a HUGE part of health, and I want my pups to get the best I can afford.... I just spent $115 CAD on dog food yesterday, and that'll last about a month, not including the extras... so yes, I spend ALOT on feeding my puppers
I wish I could afford to feed them the best of the best but atm - they can do with Shepherds Choice - I'm planning on moving them onto raw later on - when we're settled with money and the other issues
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I wish I could afford to feed them the best of the best but atm - they can do with Shepherds Choice - I'm planning on moving them onto raw later on - when we're settled with money and the other issues
I thought about switching to raw, and actually did for Mouse and Oliver, but we were NOT successful, and after cleaning up crates and bathing dogs for a month, I was done with it... my dogs just have too many food issues.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I thought about switching to raw, and actually did for Mouse and Oliver, but we were NOT successful, and after cleaning up crates and bathing dogs for a month, I was done with it... my dogs just have too many food issues.
Oh dear - I just have fussy ones well I like to think their fussy but I think it's just me.
ScoobyDo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks Doberman and SLB for your replies, it's just that my Bichon and Pug were given some at a friends and they couldn't get enough of it. I will say that the pug will eat anything, but the bichon is usually a fussy eater, but he ate Butchers with relish and so I had thought to change them on to that with their usual kibble.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by ScoobyDo View Post
Thanks Doberman and SLB for your replies, it's just that my Bichon and Pug were given some at a friends and they couldn't get enough of it. I will say that the pug will eat anything, but the bichon is usually a fussy eater, but he ate Butchers with relish and so I had thought to change them on to that with their usual kibble.
I would go with the tripe as it has more meat content - I believe, you'd have to check the label - I only buy it when we're going to the caravan on Hols...
I used to feed Louie on CSJ - which if you want a good kibble - that one is possibly one of the best cheaper ranges you can get, but my supplier was charging more and I couldn't find another so I switched them onto Shepherds choice - I needed and Adult food as Louie is 7/8 months old and we are moving Benjie onto biscuits. Both of them are happy with it and I've added a third of a tin of Pedigree for Louie and Benjie gets the rest but if I have Sadie - they all get a third - I'm trying to move them onto Chappie wet food as well as these biscuits but I've gotta wait until I have solids coming from the back first what a thing to talk about before breakfast eh?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 12:04 PM
SLB - regarding your supplier over charging - i would contact Ceri at CSJ and speak to her, i bet she'd be very interested in what you have to say, especially if this supplier is charging more than they should be, its putting off potential customers such as yourself.

I feed CSJ and have a local supplier, he delivers it to my door for free as well and the prices are no different from the CSJ website
Page 10 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 >