Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Narka View Post
Its not based plain on my opinion, its based on recommendations from professional dog behaviorists - trainers

Yes I got interpretation that human and dogs see the world in different way.
Yes, dogs and humans see the world in a different way, that's not the point though is it? Just because dogs see the world a different way to us doesn't mean it's okay for us to cause them pain and fear in the name of training.

And many "professional" dog behaviourists and trainers I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Its not based plain on my opinion, its based on recommendations from professional dog behaviorists - trainers

Unfortunatly anyone can call themselves a behaviourist or trainer, there is no standard for it
I can tell you on this forum we have some very experienced and qualified trainers and behaviourists - and not one of them has ever recomended your method and not a single one of them like the millan man

actually I am gobsmacked that anyone has taken the 'Alpha roll' which is a dangerous enough method - and then added more danger by then putting the person on top of the dog and hands so close to the sharp end

hope this one dosent catch on cos there are going to be some nasty bites in the future
Narka
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Unfortunatly anyone can call themselves a behaviourist or trainer, there is no standard for it
Unfortunately not a brave human would call him self a behaviorist or trainer without a license to do so.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
actually I am gobsmacked that anyone has taken the 'Alpha roll' which is a dangerous enough method - and then added more danger by then putting the person on top of the dog and hands so close to the sharp end

hope this one dosent catch on cos there are going to be some nasty bites in the future
It's not new, I was taught to do it this way 18 years ago. And I'm bloody lucky that the dog I did it with had excellent bite inhibition and never left a mark on me. No, I'm not proud of it, in fact I shudder to think of the things I did to poor Shadow in the name of training
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Which professional dog trainers and behaviourists have recommended this treatment?

And apart from reading books and watching TV, which people have you trained with and how many dogs?
Narka
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Which professional dog trainers and behaviourists have recommended this treatment?

And apart from reading books and watching TV, which people have you trained with and how many dogs?
Danny Lines, he works for K9 academy.

I am not a dog trainer and I don't train any other dogs apart mine.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Danny Lines, he works for K9 academy.

I am not a dog trainer and I don't train any other dogs apart mine.
I know Danny Lines.

Is that it?

And I meant how many dogs of YOURS have you trained.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately not a brave human would call him self a behaviorist or trainer without a license to do so.
You do not need a license to call yourself a trainer. You don't need any qualifications or anything. I could set myself up as a dog trainer today if I wanted to.
Narka
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I know Danny Lines.

Is that it?

And I meant how many dogs of YOURS have you trained.
Also saw Rolands Ward work when my friend needed, was attending dog training course to train her dog. Back in my country Kestutis Vaiciunas was training my previous dog.

My favorite in Youtube are Cesar Millan and Elet Endre.

I have listed books before
Narka
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
You do not need a license to call yourself a trainer. You don't need any qualifications or anything. I could set myself up as a dog trainer today if I wanted to.
Yes you can - illegally.
Page 10 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »