View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Onwards and upwards indeed! Hopefully the Manuka honey will help the healing.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Great news that Roxy seems to be healing well and hopefully the honey will accelerate the healing process further. Everything crossed that she'll soon be able to go out for her longed for walk. Thanks for the update.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-03-2013, 08:53 PM
N - thanks for theupdate, seems like it's all going to plan, hope she can get out for a little walky soon.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Just to encourage you, Jimmi has had Manuka honey on his paws several times over the past few months. On one occasion, his pad was detaching and the surrounding area was horribly sore. He had a squirt of honey plus a dressing for two days, then no dressing but honey twice a day on the wound for a further four days. All healed after just over a week which was absolutely amazing. It really does speed up the healing process.

Lots of luck, but I am sure that the end is now very much in sight.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Roxy had another wound check yesterday.

Felipe is really happy with how it's healing and believe it's closing together nicely. Taking pictures daily on my iPad to take with me to show him the daily progress of the wound. He thinks it's a great idea and is always keen to see the pictures. Good for me as well to keep track of it.

He cut a tiny bit of dead tissue from the edge of the wound that was left on Monday and cleaned it all up again, she lay on her side and didn't even flinch - what a girl! He also took a swab to double check for any nasties and we'll get the results for that on Monday.

We've to continue with the Manuka honey and dressings for now and we're back to see him on Monday for another check up.

Hopefully after this next visit, we'll be able to go to my own vets for check ups, we shall see come Monday. I'm happy to take her to the Vet School for regular checks though. It was Felipe who did her surgery and he is keeping track of her progress.

Roxy is quite a hit at the Vet School - she rolls over on her back and demands tummy tickles and attention. She usually gets it too.

Anyway, all still good so far, just need to get this wound healed now.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Great news, and hopefully you are on the home straight now. Well done to both of you
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Great news, and hopefully you are on the home straight now. Well done to both of you
Thank you Sally, you have been great over the past few months and very supportive.

So pleased that the honey works for Jimmy's feet. If Roxy's leg continues to heal the way it should do, then I'll certainly use the honey in the future should it be needed.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Good to hear its healing well
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Oh Nicola you and Roxy have been thru' the mill but your loving care of her and getting her to the vet so quickly has been brilliant.

Roxy's wound is now looking a lot better and once her stitches and staples are removed and fur growing back, she will be back to herself again.

Well done to you Nicola - and to those lovely vets as well.

Hugs to Roxy - and cuddles to Molly.

Take care xx Loki sends doggy licks to both as well xx
Originally Posted by susannah92 View Post
Great news that Roxy's tumour was low grade, and good to see that her wound is healing so well. All the best for a trouble free convalescence and a good recovery.
Hugs to Roxy, Molly and of course mum xx
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
One more step closer to her being back to normal, I hope that the 'black bit' soon fully heals and then there will be no stopping her.
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I am glad the progress is good. Hope it continues. Sounds like your dog couldn't have better home nursing than she has.
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Onwards and upwards indeed! Hopefully the Manuka honey will help the healing.
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Great news that Roxy seems to be healing well and hopefully the honey will accelerate the healing process further. Everything crossed that she'll soon be able to go out for her longed for walk. Thanks for the update.
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
N - thanks for theupdate, seems like it's all going to plan, hope she can get out for a little walky soon.
Thank you all - we're getting there!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Here's Roxy after eating some tasty treats that she got for being such a good girl during her dressing change the other day....

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Here's Roxy after eating some tasty treats that she got for being such a good girl during her dressing change the other day....
And licking her lips, she must have enjoyed them she's looking good.
Page 10 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »