View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Well I don't like hot weather, so the cooler the better as far as I am concerned!!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Evening All - Ref drying dogs - The Mem has a micro-fibre towel that she keeps in the vehicle, sshe uses it on Scout who has a thick curly coat, non-shedding and curly, and it dries her in a matter of seconds. The lurchers are drip dry and after a couple of gallops are fine. I have been trying to find a dog grooming parlour that looks trustworthy enough and isn't staffed by half-wits, so that I can have Scout clipped out for the summer - but the task is proving somewhat difficult. Today I went to one that was well recommended and it had closed (at 3.20pm) not a half day, I am since told that they tend to close when they feel like it! I just don't want Scout man-handled or put off having her coat done. It will only be once a year, at the start of summer, but I want it done properly. Bye fer now.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
According to him,no heat wave JENNY not this month anyway Summer is to be sunnier and warmer than average but not tropical temperatures like last year
Thanks I can cope with that I hate the really hot weather so its sounding good. I'll know who to blame if it rains non stop then

I'm going to sign off now. Sleep well all and see you tomorrow.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Night Jenny.

Gordon, it's just not worth giving Scout any hang ups is it. You need a recommendation for somewhere really, and maybe if it's just once a year you can travel a little further afield to use somewhere with a good reputation.

Failing that, get the horse clippers out!

Just spotted that the place you looked at WAS recommended - honestly I don't know what's the matter with me tonight!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Gordon couldn't you clip Scout yourself. It is really not difficult. However, if not just make sure any groomer you take him to doesn't use a belly strap, which can then be put around each back leg as most dogs hate that. If the groomer is experienced enough it won't be necessary. Good luck and goodnight.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Night JENNY
The country has gone Giro de'italia mad!! Be coming through here on Sunday
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 10:04 PM
The Milk Race came by us a few years back. We waited for ages and ages, then loads of support vehicles trundled past. We waited again, and then WHOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHH blink and you missed them!! All tightly bunched together and going hell for leather.

I don't know why they don't leave out the bits in between and just do sprints to the finish line.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Time for bed said Zebedee.

Night night all
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2014, 10:09 PM
As we all indebted hotter the better for me. Gordon there's someone does grooming near me and everyone says she's good.She breeds great Danes. She's done Cariad a couple of times and done a fantastic job on her
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Think in fairness to the pup I'll just have to keep looking. You wouldn't believe what a mess I can make of anything with a pair of clippers - inept doen't even begin to do it justice. The Mem has sheared thousands of sheep but I wouldn't trust her with little Scout, for she used to give me an occasional haircut, and I was forever reminding her that the frilly pink things on the side of my head are my ears, and that I had a desperate desire to keep them. Fortunately she stopped just short of putting Stokholm Tar on the cuts. Roll on summer is all I can say. Hotter the better for me - shirt off and a good tan - always makes me feel on top of the world. Bye fer now.
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >