Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Oh it looks fab. I'm sure that you will have a perfect day. I hope that your parents accept your decision and that there are no bad feelings to spoil your day.xx
thank you xxx It's odd, there's no bad feelings as such until i think about it, them. We're not close, we didn't used to talk that often.. Who knows if they'll even know about it until it's happened, they still don't want to talk to me, who knows when/if they will...?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 06:11 PM
All I can say it do what YOU and YOUR partner wants to do and forget everyone else, it's got nothing to do with anyone else! It's about you and your partner.

I don't like big, fancy weddings anyway and if I was ever getting married, I'd like to say I'd tell as few people as possible, go away somewhere to do it and tell everyone when we got back!

ETA: I haven't read the whole thread, just for info!
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2011, 06:31 PM
It looks perfect!

I am so pleased you decided to give Gretna a miss!

Hope you have a perfect Wedding! xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
I am so pleased you decided to give Gretna a miss!
Sad isn't it that those of us that got married there think that
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 07:44 PM
What a lovely place and for you to be making your wedding very special for all of you. Is the begining of a new life and commitment and your happiness, what you believe in that matters. Am sure deep down is what your parents would wish for. Wishing you all the very best xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Thanks Benzmum and Moobli xxx

Well IT'S CONFIRMED and booked, ceremony, accomodation and extras! We're getting married at the beginning of May 2011 at 3pm on the West Coast of Scotland, out in the fresh air, armed with wedding dress, flowers, shrugs, wellies and champers here:

Just me, Paul and the dogs White leather collars and leads on order for the ceremony My sister and her fella are visiting for the day to be our witnessess. We're staying in a beautiful cottage for a week too up there

And nope, haven't spoken to my parents since. Ah well, it's a shame they can't share my happiness and be happy for me

We're having photo's taken so will share!
Wow! Looks fantastic! And the best way to do a wedding, I think! Plus the dogs as well - couldn't be better!

Relax and enjoy yourselves!
Ravenwood
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Phew - I have just read all ten pages!! What a saga!!

The place you have booked looks amazing - I can't wait to see the photos

But, listen hun, you are 28 now, you simply cannot let your mother continue to upset you and cause you stress anymore - you are a big girl now, you have to let it ride over you - easier said than done I know but take it from me - its makes life so much easier

Having said that, I never had much of a relationship with my parents really and I too moved to the other side of the country (literally!), Dad died a few years ago and other than the funeral I haven't spoken to Mum for years, not even because we fell out - we just sort of lost contact.

On hindsight and now I have teenage children myself, I really regret this and I would so love to have a "Mum" and I really, really wished I had "Mum" when the kids were babies and growing up.

So if there is any chance you can build bridges then please do, but also keeping in mind my first paragraph

I had a really crap, cheap wedding in a horrible registry office - thats another regret I have, I wish I had had a proper wedding and I would have loved to have done something you are doing. Mind you my husband ******ed off just over a year ago so I guess it doesn't really matter now anyway!! LOL

Enjoy every minute of it hun
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
Phew - I have just read all ten pages!! What a saga!!

The place you have booked looks amazing - I can't wait to see the photos

But, listen hun, you are 28 now, you simply cannot let your mother continue to upset you and cause you stress anymore - you are a big girl now, you have to let it ride over you - easier said than done I know but take it from me - its makes life so much easier

Having said that, I never had much of a relationship with my parents really and I too moved to the other side of the country (literally!), Dad died a few years ago and other than the funeral I haven't spoken to Mum for years, not even because we fell out - we just sort of lost contact.

On hindsight and now I have teenage children myself, I really regret this and I would so love to have a "Mum" and I really, really wished I had "Mum" when the kids were babies and growing up.

So if there is any chance you can build bridges then please do, but also keeping in mind my first paragraph

I had a really crap, cheap wedding in a horrible registry office - thats another regret I have, I wish I had had a proper wedding and I would have loved to have done something you are doing. Mind you my husband ******ed off just over a year ago so I guess it doesn't really matter now anyway!! LOL

Enjoy every minute of it hun
I agree with that!

And I don't regret it either.
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2011, 09:03 PM
We went off to Cyprus to get married (albeit with a bunch of folk that included my parents) and my sister went to Florida. My dad always said he got off lightly!

We had a blessing service in the local church in Scotland and then a big party at a local hotel. It was fab!

Do what *you* want for your wedding day and let your mum come round!

Ali
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Thank you all for your words, you all make so much sense xxxxxxx

An update. spoke to my mum for the first time since the falling out last week over the phone. She didn't mention the falling out, only talked about herself. THEN she asked me if we had any new wedding plans, with that tone in her voice. And what did i say, WHAT did i say......."erm no"

NO!! NO!!! We're getting married in 6 weeks.

*sigh* I am going to ring her again before the week is out and tell her.
Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >