register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Obviously they have been discussing the hows and why's of skydiving in their little chats then a few more grey hairs this morning....mmm....
Glad to hear she is producing nice poos again for you. I use Panacur Liquid Guard and just get a syringe and squirt it in there, girlies look at me with those big eyes and begrudgingly allow me to do it. But I tell them, it is for your own good!! I remember Gnasher's Tai coming down with Guardia a while ago, this was due to the actions of a local farmer though, using human sewage and goodness knows what else as a fertiliser, I understand EH was contacted but don't know the outcome.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 02:46 PM
OH? That's interesting then coz one of OUR local farmers uses human manure too and it stinks to high heaven and this would be the time of year he'd use it or maybe a bit earlier? I'm going to look into that then. It's legal though isn't it??? I was actually wondering about when we visit Mum, coz we have her ball with us which she always drops and plays with (not mum, but Zena!!!! ) It had crossed my mind that

My vet won't be on duty until 4pm and they said she will probably ring me with some results, but at lunchtime they had nothing through on the fax, so maybe they have been sent away then?

Yes, just a few more greys this morning! Who's bright idea was it for me to get another puppppeeeee!!!????

Georgie's breathing very rapidly and doesn't look comfortable at all, sol I'm keeping my eye on him,and now Zena is giving me that look again with those wrinkled up eyebrows of hers. I wonder if these wormers cause them stomach ache then? Anyone know?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Well Gnasher will fill you in on it all, I know they had a real battle on their hands over it, like you say it stinks. Will text her and ask her to come on this thread when she gets back from work and she will give you the full facts.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks June. I've been googling it and it would seem it's only prevailant in the Eastern Countries and Uganda and then I went on Defra but can't seem to find out whether it's legal or not, but I know for a fact that he uses it and it's pretty near to my house, about one mile away up the top there, and we all have to close our doors and windows coz it stinks to high heaven, you just KNOW it's human! If I find out it's not legal, I'll be up there like a shot don't you worry!!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Gnasher's vet said exactly the same and was fascinated to find a case on their doorstep when really it shouldn't have been, I rather think both Gnasher and her OH were poorly as well. Will text her now so she will get it when she finishes work and then OH permitting she will come on and give you the lowdown.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Brill! Thanks June
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks June. I've been googling it and it would seem it's only prevailant in the Eastern Countries and Uganda and then I went on Defra but can't seem to find out whether it's legal or not, but I know for a fact that he uses it and it's pretty near to my house, about one mile away up the top there, and we all have to close our doors and windows coz it stinks to high heaven, you just KNOW it's human! If I find out it's not legal, I'll be up there like a shot don't you worry!!!!!
guess who
giardia is very very common,we get alot of puppies(yes puppys) from breeders with it!! you may never know where(if) she got it but do remmember you can get it too.also if it does turn out to be that you will need to treat all your dogs. anyhoo im sure gnasher will be pleased to fill you in on the rest, chatty(...not catty lol) friendly lass she be.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Been on the text to her and she will be coming on asap. I well remember the extremely descriptive e mails I got from her during that time
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
guess who
giardia is very very common,we get alot of puppies(yes puppys) from breeders with it!! you may never know where(if) she got it but do remmember you can get it too.also if it does turn out to be that you will need to treat all your dogs. anyhoo im sure gnasher will be pleased to fill you in on the rest, chatty(...not catty lol) friendly lass she be.
I'm assuming then that the Drontal that Zena had at 10 weeks and again, and again, and then the Advocate she had only one month ago would not have kept this under control IF she had it when she came here? Georgie is being treated the same, thankfully the vet knew that he was home alone when I took Zena! I've just been googling about all this, and I've now found out that dogs with auto immune disease (which Georgie HAS) will always have yellow poo's, so I'm not too worried now that his have firmed up, but I am getting worried the state he's in with this rapid breathing I just took his temperature and it's 38.1 which is ok I think? I am awaiting the vet to ring so I'll mention that to her.He just managed to scoff another small portion of fish without any nasties in it, so he can't be feeling too bad, but Zena keeps going up to him and licking his lips and laying with her head on his, so it looks like she's worried about him too.Always problems with me!!! Oh I know old Gnasher don't worry!!!!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Been on the text to her and she will be coming on asap. I well remember the extremely descriptive e mails I got from her during that time
Good, this'll be interesting then! Everybody in my village KNOWS that he uses that human manure because we all comment on it when the smell is hanging about!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2009, 04:21 PM
rapid breathing is often pain(if he has a sore tummy thats not surprising) poor boy
and yes your right drontal would not of dealt with it.:
i hope they both feel better ....and you
Page 10 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »