View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 03:39 PM
You have asked for advice here and that is what I am going to give you . If you do not have the time and ability to get this right then please hand her over to a really good rescue who can help her .
You would need to have time off work , you would need to attend classes for training .
She has obviously been treated if not badly then at least wrongly for most of her life . The people you got her from have lied and treated her badly and obviously do not care .
A rescue dog is not the ready made easy option some people seem to think .
You admit you have never had a dog you may not be the best person to help her out . She sounds like she is going to need a lot of time and effort .
I have had rescue dogs before and have always made plenty of time for them anticipating problems , on one occasion there were none . The rest of the dogs had problems which took a long time to sort out .
I would never leave a rescue dog in a room by it's self on night number one . They are usually completely stressed and the potential for damage to property to occur is very high .
Good luck with whatever you decide to do but make sure you do the best thing for her
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Have to say generally people dont get rid of a wonderful pet, they dont tell you the real issues as then they would never re-home their pets.
No point being horrible to the OP its her 1st dog and has made a mistake and hoefully a lesson learned.
All I can say is if you have the time to give her then your rewards will be huge rom her.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 06:24 PM
just wondered if there is any news?? updates??
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 06:41 PM
sorry you having a prob hun, is there any way you could get a crate for doglet big enough that he can stand / turn and streach out. Iit might help a bit till you can help settle baby in. its always hard to start with but you will get there keep trying have you a friend that could sit with doglet till you get sorted out hun. there is always a right way to do things but doglets with you i am sure you coverd every thing with the owner but it sounds like they may have said a few fibs but dont let it get to you hun. keep it up you will get there i promise. xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 06:53 PM
How frustrating, I wish there was a way we could contact Lara.
I feel so sorry for her and Bailey.
I bet she feels like the proverbial bag of poo I hope she doesn't feel so bad that she deserts Dogsey.
She was so sure she was doing the right thing and helping a poor doggie.
There was so much more to this than meets the eye or than Lara was told it seems.
Thinking of you Lara.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Thinking of you Lara.
Me too.

Hope you're feeling a bit more positive about Bailey, Sarah - some sleep tonight will make you feel better - even if it's with Bailey within arm's reach

Hugs honey x0x0x we know you feel ghastly.....
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I was wondering how things were going, i really hope you haven't given up on him.

If i can help in any way feel free to pm me and i will try my best. People i have spoken to say that rescues seem to be so special, once they trust they are just so unbelivabley your best friend. I know with bianca that i got in april, i would never ever be without her. Please hang in there and we will try to help, i'm sure it will get better.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Hello Lara, I think you are in Bristol - as am I.
I have a large crate that you could borrow from us if you are interested and if it was any help.
It is RR sized and so would be big enough for Bailey.
Please either PM or leave a message on here if you would be interested.

I, like everyone else on here, hope that you are OK.
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
Hello Lara, I think you are in Bristol - as am I.
I have a large crate that you could borrow from us if you are interested and if it was any help.
It is RR sized and so would be big enough for Bailey.
Please either PM or leave a message on here if you would be interested.

I, like everyone else on here, hope that you are OK.
That's a fantastic offer and very kind of you. I think borrowing a crate is a great idea.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Like everyone else I expect, I am wondering what is happening.One way or another it would be good to know.I don't think people are being judgemental, but I think people are concerned,and I hope you feel you can come on here and share with us what is going on.
Page 10 of 18 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »