Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2024, 09:57 AM

Tuesday 21st May

Good morning everyone

Hope everything goes to plan for you Chris then you can ge your life back. I doubt anything will be done or said as to what Gary is saying about you. Hugs

Dull and damp here but at lest it has now stopped raining. Geazle walked, a parcel posted and lasagna made for lunch. Now coffee time. I just hope the rain now holds off a Sarah as a trip to the beach today with the school. Something to do with looking a rocks, stones etc. The best part for her seems to be a picnic with her friends

Take care everybody.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2024, 11:33 AM
Afternoon Sue
Awwww, I hope the weather will be o.k for Sarah, mind you.... nothing like a soggy picnic, proper English weather lol
Just waiting for an outdoor rug to be delivered.... bargain £8. Then I have to go get some dioralyte as my dad has given himself food poisoning.... again, this is the third time now, mums given him what for. Lucky we have 2 toilets but I have had to struggle downstairs twice in the night. Taking Steve to the drs tonight.... finally he has agreed! Bloody men
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2024, 12:55 PM
Good afternoon Sue, griff and all to follow.
Quite a pleasant day again weather wise. We decided to go to Wickes and pick up the flooring so when the extension is done we have the flooring to match as it will follow through, if not and we waited it would no doubt be discontinued.
At the moment there is plenty of it.

I hope the weather has been good for Sara Sue.
Oh dear griff regarding your dad, and glad Steve has agreed to to see a Dr.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2024, 02:39 PM
Good afternoon all

Still quite chilly and dull here, but we went out none-the-less

Still not heard back from the social worker re taking over Gary's finances, but she tends to work very slowly

Reading through his notes at the doctor's, he has been put on the learning disabilities register though which is, I suppose a step forward

I'd love to extend my kitchen out into the porch Lynn, but it would prove too expensive with having to have drains moved etc especially as I've made this small kitchen work for the 20 years we've been here. I do keep hinting at new units though, but Dave hasn't come round to thinking his his idea yet

I once had haggis and mash in the middle of a field in the pouring rain while at college. Poor lass had put so much planning into getting us to sample haggis that despite the rain, none of us had the heart not to turn up. It turned out to be a real laugh though and we all, despite the downpour, enjoyed the night
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2024, 02:43 PM
Drains are the expensive bit Chris, we thought ours would need diverting as the kitchen faces out towards where we are extending the living room.
Fingers crossed when they came to do the survey and checking running the kitchen tap and putting the hose and running water down the soil stack it seems it won't so will make it cheaper.

Keep in at Dave and the units it takes a while to sink in with these men.
Also fingers crossed the social worker works a little quicker than normal.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2024, 07:43 PM
Finally got dad to ring 111, contact the chemist! He won't go tonight, he can't keep anything in so yet another disturbed night for us.
Steve has seen the Dr, they are worried about heart failure....he has to go for a chest x-ray,ECG and a blood test...all of which needs to be sorted out by his GP. He has to call them tomorrow, I have given him a right lecture.