View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2018, 10:36 AM
A lot of it is common sense isn't it ? I guessed in the end screws were involved somewhere so only looked up to the bit where it showed hinges first then the rest was fairly self explanatory.
My dad never believed in us girls being princesses we had to muck in like the boys I was nearly always the one helping him bleed brakes on the weekend and learning how to change a wheel.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2018, 10:45 AM
My dad was always at work when i was growing up...honestly i very rarely saw him but i think if i want something done, best to get on and do it myself...if i want him to do something i will wait forever!!! i will have a go and if it goes wrong well...i will ask for help putting it right but in all honesty i haven't had to do it yet (i don't think).
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2018, 11:44 AM
Finally, i appear to have sorted the laptop out! i very rarely use it but my parents use it every day but neither update it and just moan about stuff missing so after 2 hours i have finally got it done! off for a coffe and a quick sit down with my book in the garden
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2018, 01:50 PM
Afternoon all. Tyto still has this strange breathing at times. I am sure it is caused by the dust from a particular tree over the road and the dry weather. he does like sniffing. I might give him a hayfever tablet tomorrow before we go out. I say tomorrow because he has had all his outings today now. Just garden for wees and there isn't much dust out there from any trees. Hope everyone else is having a good day. Cleaning ovens. Yuk!! Why is it that when I have pressed send I find all the mistakes in the posting.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Glad the computer problem seems sorted griff.
Good idea brenda when we first moved here dillon had allergies and he use to have a piriton every now and then.

Well one viewing now been cancelled the first time buyer she decided the property wasn't for her.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2018, 02:08 PM
Oh well Lynn, better she did it now than a#£e you about and let you down further down the line.
Brenda, both Deagan and Molly have piriton...I don't use the one a day though but get 500 for around £13...in saying that I haven't given deagan anything for about 3weeks!! Molly just get scratchy for a few weeks during summer so obviously one of the plants over the field bother her
Just off to meet my cousin.. hope she comes !!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Oh that's a shame Lynn, she sounded promising. Brenda, Amber has what I call snuffling fits. She will go sniffing everywhere though so what can I expect. Pat has had yet another fall next door, that's three so far. The ambulance crews must be fed up with keep calling to pick her up. I think she is going to have to be examined to find out why.

The scans I had this morning were a lot better than the CT scans I had last week. I didn't have the injection that affects the eyes if you have glaucoma so I could have driven myself to the hospital as it happened Steve drove me there and I got a taxi back. I felt a bit guilty getting him to drive me there when he had been late home last night and was obviously tired this morning.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Good afternoon all. A lovely sunny morning, but a tad chilly in the northerly breeze.

Gary's mattress should be here Wed, Thurs or Fri. They will give us a call when it's in. Funnily enough, he's been to town with us again and since we ordered it hasn't complained of not being able to sleep

I've made a start on clearing out the porch and shed. The worst part is going to be washing down the porch once it's cleared. It's only a converted car port so the dust does get in.

Hubby has painted up the front and now only has the garage door to do. Unfortunately, gloss paint sets off my breathing or lack of it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2018, 05:09 PM
I shouldn't laugh Chris but that is funny that now the new Mattress is on order Gary hasn't complained
Moyra, don't feel bad, Steve knew you were going to the hospital and given all the help you give him should have been breaking his neck to help you!!
O.k warning..major rant coming up!!
I was supposed to meet my cousin at 4pm, 15.51 WhatsApp message...so sorry my job has over run, shall I just message you when I am done... So I told her to forget it, I was getting a few bits and going home, she then says.. shall I get a taxi to yours later...I said no...she says she will bring some cans ....like that makes it o.k and she knows Dakota needs sedating when people come..and I am not sedating my pooch! Anyhow, said I was going to Steve's so then she starts what are you doing I will send money over for a Chinese! I told her to forget it then this is the killer, she said she had sent her makeup girl away half done and was having her back in an hour to finish it...so that's going to be at least 7pm!!! I swear if I had got hold of her I would have put her in hospital, the fact that there were more people when she got there than she was expecting means she knew long in advance that she wouldn't make it anywhere near on time to meet me so could have told me long before I left home, instead, she let me leave home...pay £3.50 bus fare and left me stood in town like an absolute idiot, I really think she thought I would either hang about waiting for her for 3hours or go home and come back. I am disgusted that she thinks it's o.k to let someone know 10minutes before you are going to meet them that you won't be there and moreso that she thinks she can offer me beer or food to "say sorry" I have my own money and can pay for beer and takeaways if I want them...she is supposed to be moving next week and I don't intend to meet her...she is always half an hour late, cancels last minute or leaves me stood waiting and suddenly messages saying she can't come, well, enough is enough.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Rant away griff I would be annoyed to.
Chris typical all that trouble and now peace.

Gorden got home around 2.30 had a coffee and something to eat and has been shredding old bits of conifer till now. I have done some weeding just grass to cut tomorrow and tidy up down the bottom of the garden try to make an organised mess instead of a mess before viewing.
Thank goodness it a late afternoon one.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >