Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ChloeJade
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2017, 12:25 AM

Bumps

Breed: Rat Terrier
Age: About 9 years (he's a rescue, so we're not completely sure)

Hello! My family and I have found a total of three bumps on my dog. There could possibly be more, but we couldn't find any. We'll be taking him to the vet in a week or so. I still decided I should post some pictures here and see what you guys think they could be.

BUMP #1

This one is located on the top of the head and has been there for a few months.

BUMP #2

This one is on his back close to his collar. It's the most recent that we've seen. Sorry that the pictures are a bit poor quality, it's pretty difficult to get a clear picture of a tiny bump on an active doggo.

BUMP #3

This one is on the bottom of his mouth and has also been there for a few months.

What do you think the bumps could be? Thanks in advance!
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2017, 11:15 AM
I think they might be warts. Common in older dogs, and harmless unless they start to grow large or bleed. A good idea to clear it with your vet though.
ChloeJade
New Member!
Female 

22-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
I think they might be warts. Common in older dogs, and harmless unless they start to grow large or bleed. A good idea to clear it with your vet though.
Thanks! This is a big relief. We'll still be taking him to the vet, of course, but at least I won't be as worried.
Doggie
New Member!
Female 

29-03-2017, 05:36 PM
I also think they might be warts but please don't take anyones word for it but from the Vet. Let us know what this turned out to be in the end after you visit the vet
ChloeJade
New Member!
Female 

29-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Doggie View Post
I also think they might be warts but please don't take anyones word for it but from the Vet. Let us know what this turned out to be in the end after you visit the vet
Thank you for your input. We'll be taking him to the vet in a couple days, my dad made the appointment.