Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Where did you find that Nikki, never heard of anyone cropping and part of the ear of a foxhound, surely it would just defeat the object of the hound .
Ah .. Rounding of the ears was carried out in this country at the latter part of the 19th century, but the prince of Wales - who became King Edward 7th ... Wrote complaining about this practice to the kennel club who banned it in the showering. Presumably hunts followed suit, but you can never be sure with hunts
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Nicky Ann
Never heard someone spout soo much bull sh@t as you do
You obviously have no concept of the role HPR's work
Of course as you work YOUR pointers in a 5 mile radius (you've quoted this several times ) how the heck would you know what you're dog was up too do you have x Ray vision oh forgot you just shock them
Get your facts correct before opening ones gob on subjects you obviously know nothing about
My German shorthairs are seldom more than 200 to 300 yards from me, and as they cross my path constantly so typically they are within 50 yards of me. You seem agitated about something, perhaps the fact that your doggies need to be leashed for their own safety.

Try again kid

Playing with the local children, note the smile on Moms face.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...ream/lightbox/
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
How can you control your dog over such a distance?? In this country, working GSPs are never allowed to go any distance from their handler. I love to watch them working, controlled with a whistle, they really are magnificent dogs but have a huge prey drive. My Lizzie would have killed anything - a cat, a small dog, anything - to allow her to huntaway out of my sight would have been totally unthinkable!

I find it hard that even in America where they had vast open spaces with no human habitation nearby it can be legal to allow your dog to huntaway over such distances, out of sight and any form of control.
All Norma knows about dogs she gets from TV, so just ignore her
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
I am intrigued by the remark about cropping Foxhounds ears. The ears of a scenthound have evolved as large and drooping because when the hound is on track, this shape traps the scent, (like a pair of curtains), and funnels it towards the nose. I have never heard of cropping a hounds ears, and cannot see what purpose it could possibly serve.
Could Nicky Ann please provide a reference for this comment?
I find it amazing that as a German Pointer owner in the USA that I know more about English Foxhounds than the English do.

The English Foxhound is an athletic hunting dog. The skull is wide and the muzzle is long. The nose is about 4 inches long (10 cm) with wide-open nostrils. The teeth should meet in a scissors bite. The hanging ears are set low, lying flat to the head. Some choose to "round" the ears, which means about 1 1/2 inches are cut off of the end of the ear. The large eyes are brown. The legs are straight and the cat-like feet are round. The long tail is set high. The coat is short, hard, dense and glossy. Coat colors come in black, tan and white, for example tricolor (black, white and tan), or bicolor with a white background, or any combination of these three.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/englishfoxhound.htm
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2016, 08:16 PM
That's it your rudeness and name calling should stop now.
From the way you behave I am sure our members here, Jackie, Trouble, Gnasher Chris and Norma know more than you do or ever will.
I can assure you Norma knows a great deal.
Can I suggest until you learn some respect and humility stop coming on here you are an utter disgrace.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
From the way you behave I am sure our members here, Jackie, Trouble, Gnasher Chris and Norma know more than you do or ever will.
Can I suggest until you learn some respect and humility stop coming on here you are an utter disgrace.
She's an idiot quoting idiot web sites as fact, she enjoys winding people up.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-07-2016, 08:21 PM
The only way we will get rid of her Lynn is to stop responding to her posts, she can only post in this thread so is throwing everything she can in here to wind folk up.

Azz has no intention of getting rid of her, so maybe we can do it ourselves by completely ignoring the idiot,
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Respect must work in two directions. As for Norma, I have no clue what she was rambling about, but it was clearly disrespectful. My dogs are treasured by me and by everyone who encounters them. Squirrels not withstanding https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...ream/lightbox/
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

28-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
Respect must work in two directions.
You don't deserve any respect, all you do is talk cr@p and quote dubious sources as fact.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
You don't deserve any respect, all you do is talk cr@p and quote dubious sources as fact.
The English Foxhound is an athletic hunting dog. The skull is wide and the muzzle is long. The nose is about 4 inches long (10 cm) with wide-open nostrils. The teeth should meet in a scissors bite. The hanging ears are set low, lying flat to the head. Some choose to "round" the ears, which means about 1 1/2 inches are cut off of the end of the ear. The large eyes are brown. The legs are straight and the cat-like feet are round. The long tail is set high. The coat is short, hard, dense and glossy. Coat colors come in black, tan and white, for example tricolor (black, white and tan), or bicolor with a white background, or any combination of these three.

Prove it wrong that idiots crop the ears of English Foxhounds?

Then look up the word respect.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...6944/lightbox/
Page 36 of 57 « First < 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 > Last »