Or Register for FREE!

Anistel

Dogsey Junior

Dogs owned: Yorkshire Terriers
18-10-2006, 08:45 PM   #11

Re: My dog is scared of grooming tools, what can I do

Hi there,
I was having a problem with my Yorkie, she heard the clip of the scissors and was off..............BUT today, although I think I am really lucky with her temperament she let me trim her nose with the scissors whilst she ate a pigs ear..............They have always let us take chewies and bones away from them so I felt it was safe, obviously be very sure if you attempt it..............She just seemed pre-occupied with the chew and didn't seem to register what else was going on............Am I wrong in doing this ??

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

New Member!

Dogs owned: pikapom
08-05-2010, 01:43 AM   #12

i have tryed all the ways possible to get my dog to stop qwakeing in fear when i brush him i fell so bad but i know he needs it and with flea seasone coming i realy need help. if it helps any hes a pikapom a pikaneese pomaranion.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: collieX
08-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #13

Great advice already given I had the same problem after Tilly was spooked at the groomers & had to overcome her fears.I use a rubber zoom groom with a treat in my other closed hand for her to concentrate on - after a while I didn't need the treat any more. She still doesn't like scissors so it takes 2 of us to trim her paw fur, one distracting her with a treat & the other snipping away

New Member!

Dogs owned: pikapom
15-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #14

i have tryed to distract him with treats and his favorit toy but he still runs in fear and i dont know why he's so scared