Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I would love to take this dog, but to start with, I am not experienced enough yet. But even if I was, if I was able to have more dogs just now I would have but I am living with my parents and cant afford another dog. People may wish they could help (i do) but that doesnt mean they are in a position themselves to add another dog. I am also too far away to be of any help.

There is also the fact that we all own dogs, and this dog is DA and that is a big thing to take into consideration for the current dog/s and the family living in the house.
Like I said, theres always a but

Buts its all immaterial now,a s it seems it has a new home!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Oh my god, I missed all this last night but I have tears streaming down my face...thank you so much Cassassin for giving Oscar another chance.

Kitty...I'm so sorry this all happened to you, you are a lovely person for taking on Oscar in the first place, and you have held onto him until someone could help you with the situation, I'm sorry if some of the posts on the thread have come across as being mean towards you, I'm sure that nobody meant to cause you any distress.

I can't drive at the moment and I know you have got transport sorted, but if I can help towards petrol or other expenses I am more than happy to
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Like I said, theres always a but

Buts its all immaterial now,a s it seems it has a new home!!
So what if there is a but. If people are not in the position to take him on then they cant. If anyone asked me to take on any dog just now, even the most amazing great dog ever (although to me that is jake ), there would still be a but!

I hope he has found a new home, but after the last page I am very confused as to what is happening.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
So what if there is a but. If people are not in the position to take him on then they cant. If anyone asked me to take on any dog just now, even the most amazing great dog ever (although to me that is jake ), there would still be a but!

I hope he has found a new home, but after the last page I am very confused as to what is happening.

Yep, me too!!!!!!

The point being that everyone who says dont put him down, give him another chance ... is only making it worse for Kitty, yet as has been said before, its OK to talk the talk, but not back it up , because we ALL have a but for back up.

P.S .. and this is just my opinion, but there is no way in hell I would pass on my dog to someone I did not know, unless I could guarantee they came with recommendations from some form of organisation or some one I trusted.

Kitty, we`ve spoke, so you know thats not aimed at you!!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 10:39 AM
So, what is happening, is the dog being rehomed?

How is the little boy, is he ok?
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
So, what is happening, is the dog being rehomed?

How is the little boy, is he ok?

Kitty has posted that her wee boy is ok which is good.

I have followed this thread but have not posted it on it as I felt unable to help in any way

As in I had no advice to give as I don't have kids, I have never dealt with a human aggressive dog (apart from being bitten by one), I have no knowledge of Dobermans, I don't live anywhere near enough to even comtemplate offering to help with transport etc etc.

But if what I read is true and Oscar has ben given a 2nd chance in a knowledgeable home with Cassasin and will be assessed etc (and i assume Kitty will have checked out all the info given) the I have to say a huge well done to all who worked to achieve this.

But if someone would like to pm me any other info I would be grateful as the last few posts have left me very confused

Hoping all is well though
cassassin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I'm sorry guys I am going to put my head on a block here, I must be the only person that has a real uneasy feeling about this...Not sure if I can copy posts from somewhere else across?

As I feel someone here is being economical with the truth.

I've contacted two well respected people within the world of Dobermanns and await their replies.
*sigh* go ahead. Whatever you want to say about me, say it. And Nicci, if this is about the UK forum or the USA forum, there are strict rules regarding "bringing crap" elsewhere. I have never abridged those rules.

I will let everyone here know that because I am American, I have vastly different standards when it comes to Dobermanns compared to the majority of breeders and owners in the UK. I was originally introduced to the breed as a youngster, but only obtained my first Dobermann in 2008 and I went to an American Doberman Pinscher forum for help and advice. This was the place where I learned the majority of my knowledge of the breed. I lost my dog a year ago next month.

I am NOT in good books with many of the top UK breeders. I have different ethics and moral values it seems with regards to health testing and breeding. This dog is neutered, so no issues there anyways. I get yelled at and people gather and talk bad about me behind my back because I disagree with some of their values or because I am very opinionated and just plain don't like a certain dog in a given pedigree.

I am probably unable to offer Oscar a forever home, but I can do some good for him and I will make sure Kitty is aware through every step of this with me.

So, spill Nicci. I am more than willing to do everything I can to help Oscar, I have opened my home, made arrangements for my other two dogs and also made arrangements for his medical care.

What is your problem with me helping him?

I have offered to meet with Kitty beforehand so she can see my home, see the areas where I will be walking him and also the training grounds too. There are several Dobermann breeders in my area who have decades of experience with the breed and though not people I would purchase a puppy from, I certainly would accept their advice.

To be honest, from the conversation I had with Kitty last night, Oscar sounds like a DREAM. He has a few problems (I suspect he has a staph infection and pulls on the lead), but these are all easily treated.

I am looking forward to helping him, even if I can only be a stepping stone, I will be working with him to at least get him used to the sight and sounds of other animals, even if he cannot live with them on a permanent basis, I want him able to "tolerate" them while out on walks.

I'm sure Kitty is a good judge of character. I have invited her to my home, I am also due for another home-check for fostering purposes outside of this situation anyways.

Or you can PM me, Nicci, because I truly, honest to bob do not know who you are or where you know me from.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Kitty has posted that her wee boy is ok which is good.

I have followed this thread but have not posted it on it as I felt unable to help in any way

As in I had no advice to give as I don't have kids, I have never dealt with a human aggressive dog (apart from being bitten by one), I have no knowledge of Dobermans, I don't live anywhere near enough to even comtemplate offering to help with transport etc etc.

But if what I read is true and Oscar has ben given a 2nd chance in a knowledgeable home with Cassasin and will be assessed etc (and i assume Kitty will have checked out all the info given) the I have to say a huge well done to all who worked to achieve this.

But if someone would like to pm me any other info I would be grateful as the last few posts have left me very confused
Hoping all is well though
As we all are, and until Nicc enlightens us ,we will stay that way!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by cassassin View Post
*sigh* go ahead. Whatever you want to say about me, say it. And Nicci, if this is about the UK forum or the USA forum, there are strict rules regarding "bringing crap" elsewhere. I have never abridged those rules.

I will let everyone here know that because I am American, I have vastly different standards when it comes to Dobermanns compared to the majority of breeders and owners in the UK. I was originally introduced to the breed as a youngster, but only obtained my first Dobermann in 2008 and I went to an American Doberman Pinscher forum for help and advice. This was the place where I learned the majority of my knowledge of the breed. I lost my dog a year ago next month.

I am NOT in good books with many of the top UK breeders. I have different ethics and moral values it seems with regards to health testing and breeding. This dog is neutered, so no issues there anyways. I get yelled at and people gather and talk bad about me behind my back because I disagree with some of their values or because I am very opinionated and just plain don't like a certain dog in a given pedigree.

I am probably unable to offer Oscar a forever home, but I can do some good for him and I will make sure Kitty is aware through every step of this with me.

So, spill Nicci. I am more than willing to do everything I can to help Oscar, I have opened my home, made arrangements for my other two dogs and also made arrangements for his medical care.

What is your problem with me helping him?

I have offered to meet with Kitty beforehand so she can see my home, see the areas where I will be walking him and also the training grounds too. There are several Dobermann breeders in my area who have decades of experience with the breed and though not people I would purchase a puppy from, I certainly would accept their advice.

To be honest, from the conversation I had with Kitty last night, Oscar sounds like a DREAM. He has a few problems (I suspect he has a staph infection and pulls on the lead), but these are all easily treated.

I am looking forward to helping him, even if I can only be a stepping stone, I will be working with him to at least get him used to the sight and sounds of other animals, even if he cannot live with them on a permanent basis, I want him able to "tolerate" them while out on walks.

I'm sure Kitty is a good judge of character. I have invited her to my home, I am also due for another home-check for fostering purposes outside of this situation anyways.

Or you can PM me, Nicci, because I truly, honest to bob do not know who you are or where you know me from.
Thank you for posting that.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

15-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Well said Cassassin and to be fair Nicci did pm me last night and enlighten me, she also said she would apologise if she's wrong. My take on it is fwiw Oscar and Kitty are very lucky you have stepped forward and are willing to do what you can to help. I personally can't see what bringing stuff from other forums will do to help the situation.
As I said before if you need assistance with anything including financial assistance towards tests etc. I'm willing to help.
Thanks for trying x
Closed Thread
Page 36 of 47 « First < 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 > Last »