Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 12:25 PM

Bye Bye Bradley

Oh my god....the time has finally come for me to say goodbye to my baby boy

He is going to his new home, to live with his litter brothers Harvie and Rupert, this Thursday. I know I'm writing this a bit early but I shall be a wreck tomorrow, I just know it.

I spoke to Kim this morning, they have been waiting to take him as they went on holiday and then her son had to have a valve replaced in his heart just 3 weeks ago, they needed to make sure he was on the road to recovery so that they can devote all their time to getting Bradley settled in.

William, the son who had the op, adores they boys, (well they all do really), and just before he went down for his op he asked Kim if Bradley could be his special friend..Kim, of course, said that he could, although he will actually be part of the family just as the other two boys are, but she really feels that Bradley going to live there has encouraged William to make a quicker recovery from his op.

Kim and I were trying to finalise arrangements this morning but I was sobbing down the phone and then started her off, we're going to try to sort it out tomorrow...talk about a right pair of idiots, god knows what we're going to be like when its time for me to leave him there

Here are a few photos of my darling baby boy, I know he is going to a wonderful home, just as the others have done, but I shall be down to just Fabey and Leon when he's gone. Fabey goes to join Tyler the week after next, then it will all be over, and Snowdrop Cottage will be completely empty

Bradley at 6 weeks old

Bradley at about 8 weeks old

Bradley at 17 weeks old

Bradley at nearly 6 months old

Bradley at 21 months old

Bradleys new best friend William, with his litter brother Harvie

Its already been agreed that I shall visit them on a regular basis, I shall try to arrange it that I can pick Fabey up and take him with me, its such a long journey but I need to know that I can still see him from time to time, as I've arranged with Tyler and Fabian.

Thanks for looking
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Jeez hun,wouldn't like to be in your shoes.Huge hugs,I'll be thinking of you and hope it isn't too painful for you,at least you know you can see him again.

Btw that first pic has melted my heart,what a beautiful boy he is xxxxxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Awww Sheree I have tears too now, William looks a lovely boy and I am sure Bradley will have a wonderful life.
Doesn't help though does it.
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I too now have tears in my eyes

At least you know they are going to good homes and that you will still have contact with them.

Best wishes, Karen x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks Lorraine, Lynn and Karen, I'm very fortunate that this is another lovely home for one of my babies, and the fact that they have Bradleys litter brothers means that he will always have others the same age to play with. The family absolutely adore the dogs, they take them out for days in the car and they take them away on holiday with them, he will think he is in heaven...I have warned them about his singing in the car

If I could have done things any other way I would have done, and Kim keeps telling me that I can take Bradley back at any time if I'm in a position to, but I have to think of him, and of their feelings, especially William, I just couldn't put them through taking him from them once he is there.

At least I will be able to visit, as I can with any of those that have been rehomed, it isn't always going to be possible to do it on a regular basis, and I don't want to upset any of the dogs, but I do think that is what has helped me through this, rather than just handing them over to English Setter Rescue and not having a clue where they have ended up, albeit probably very good homes.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Hugs. Sounds like he will have a fantastic life though. xxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 01:06 PM
oh, Sheree, I can only imagine how painful this is for you. But once again you have found a fantastic home for him.

(((((hugs)))))

PS I hope his new family make sure that he gets his pizza from time to time
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Huge hugs to you Sheree. You have done so much to ensure that your gorgeous dogs have all gone to good, loving homes where you can follow their progress. I just don't know what else to say, I really do feel for you.xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Oh Sheree (hug) you must be aching inside have made such a fateful decision to let your lovely boy go ..

Take comfort from the fact that dogs adapt very quickly to a new home and I am sure Badley will be happy living with his siblings and his new family, they sound great .

Now get yourself a nice thick cushion and howl into it ! xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks Ailsa, Fiona and Jane, your kind words are very much appreciated too. xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >