Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 10:51 AM

Carpol tunnel release any advice please

had my release 10 days ago have stitches out in 3 days I also had thumb release which has worked as i have much better movement already but I still have pins and needles and feel a bit down today

some people say it takes time up to 6 weeks to return to normal others say they felt instant relief so if you have had it done or know someone who has please ask them for me .
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 10:54 AM
could be a bit of nerve damage, but that will settle down.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
could be a bit of nerve damage, but that will settle down.
thanks elaine x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 11:27 AM
The toothache type pain that I had in my hands went as soon as the operation was done, but I did have a burning sensation and pins and needles for a while, as Elaine says, the doc told me its where the nerves are tampered with during the op.

Hope you feel better soon
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
The toothache type pain that I had in my hands went as soon as the operation was done, but I did have a burning sensation and pins and needles for a while, as Elaine says, the doc told me its where the nerves are tampered with during the op.

Hope you feel better soon
thanks scorpio I am glad i asked now as i'm feeling a bit low ....the pain has gone esp in the thumb so am hoping the pins and needles will go after the stitches come out
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 11:57 AM
It'll settle down hun.... my friend, also a carer, had both hers done, two seperate ops, and had exactly the same.

Any surgery is invasive, after I'd had Charlie I had my veins done in my legs, they must've nicked something in one knee because it was years before it went back to normal, just was tingly, nothing painful, but they body will always react to someone coming along and fiddling!

I'm sure surgeons all over the country will love hearing me refer to them as fiddlers!
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:58 PM
It does sound like nerve pain Unfortunately this can take up to 3 months to resolve so here's hoping.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Hope it starts to improve soon x
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 02:26 PM
I had both hands done in separate operations, the left was done under GA as they also did a decompression of the elbow for a trapped nerve. The left seemed to take ages until the pins & needles went, the right, which was done under a local, seemed to clear the waves of pain straightaway & the pins & needles did clear quicker than the left.

Unfortunately I had so much muscle wastage & nerve damage in both hands that my grip has never returned, but the pain has now totally gone, which is wonderful
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Where the compression was - it needs time to get back to normal. Some people's compression is not so bad and so they recover quickly. Others, it can take some while for the nerve to get back to normal.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >