Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 08:08 AM

Nits??!!!!

Hi all

Anyone had any experience with nits? I think my daughter may have them

I have never seen nits before but she has been scratching alot and she has tiny little white blobs attached to her hair!

Does this sound like nits???

Would some-one at the chemist be able to confirm it?

What is the best treatment to use?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Your spot on hun,just pop down to the pharmacist and they'll keep you right.Your not having much luck these days hun eh????????You have me itching here too,good luck and hope you get them exterminated soon xxxxxxxx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks hun, i know, just as i get the flea's under control

No rest for the wicked eh?
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Thanks hun, i know, just as i get the flea's under control

No rest for the wicked eh?
No luck eh??????? These wee varmints seem to love girls more than boys.You'll need to do your whole family too it's amazing the different types of treatment you can get these days and how easy they are to get rid off .
Have you banished the fleas to flea bridge now xxxxxxxx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
No luck eh??????? These wee varmints seem to love girls more than boys.You'll need to do your whole family too it's amazing the different types of treatment you can get these days and how easy they are to get rid off .
Have you banished the fleas to flea bridge now xxxxxxxx
Still get the odd one here and there but we are definitely winning!!!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 08:58 AM
My boys got them for the first time last year and the best way I found was to cover their hair in conditioner and use a nit comb.

Good luck x
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-08-2008, 09:48 AM
eeeeewwwww it definitely sounds like the dreaded N's

we had a huge problem in school a few years back with one child constantly infecting the rest of the class

for months i checked my daughters head every day but whooooaaa nothing could prepare me for finding a crawler

sorry i cant remember the exact name but the product contained neem oil which worked brilliantly. you have to get a nit comb and a bucket of patience and go over the whole head to get the blighters out.

if you know where she got them you really need to say something as you could end up with them again. Eventually our school got the health department involved with our case - the parents solution? they shaved the 8 year old girls head they didnt believe in using chemicals!!!!!! all that time the fumes from the chemicals in all our kids heads in the classroom for months would knock a horse! but thats people eh?
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Yep, its nits!!!!

Assuming they have come from school, shes been scratching for a while and both me and my mum have been searching her hair but couldnt find anything, the mistake we made was checking her hair when it was wet, that makes them almost impossible to see but when doing her hair the other day, when it was dry, i noticed the little white bits.

Havent seen anything crawling just the eggs, the chemist has given me Full Marks Mousse, just hope it works!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 10:23 AM
You are best to check with your GP as to what is currently being used in your area. Nits can become resistant to certain treatments when they are over used and so they treatments tend to be rotated to avoid that (bit like in Frontline with dogs). I'd give your GP a buzz and ask before you do the treatment. It is also wise to treat anyone who has been in close contact and change bedding etc.

I have treated whole camps full of children and adult helpers several times...once you've used the treatment the next thing to do is the conditioner and nit comb.

They are an inconvenience, they do prefer clean hair...not a big deal honestly. I have had nits more than I care to remember.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Shes actually being really good, not made any fuss or panicked, impressive for a 6 year old.

Washing is already on and i will be treating my hair as well just in case!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >