Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hazelmerriottbr
New Member!
Female 

12-07-2008, 10:11 AM

Help needed (Spare medication)

Hello i this week had my three labradors put to sleep after a long history of illness with them all. Unfortunately i have been left with loads of medication that cost me a fortune that the vets cant take back. I also have outstanding bills to pay. Does anyone know how i can sell the medication to help me pay my outstanding bills. All the medication is prescription medication.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by hazelmerriottbr View Post
Hello i this week had my three labradors put to sleep after a long history of illness with them all. Unfortunately i have been left with loads of medication that cost me a fortune that the vets cant take back. I also have outstanding bills to pay. Does anyone know how i can sell the medication to help me pay my outstanding bills. All the medication is prescription medication.

You cannot sell prescribed medication unless you are a licenced pharmacy-QED. I had some medication left over when my oldest cavalier had to be PTS & I gave part of it to my neighbours whose dog is on the exactly same medication & one of his owners is a nurse practitioner & I know she would not have used them incorrectly.

The rest of his medication went to my local pharmacy to be destroyed
hazelmerriottbr
New Member!
Female 

12-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for that, i may ask my vet if there is someone i can gift the medication to.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 10:33 AM
So sorry for your loss. It must have been sad to lose all three.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 11:50 AM
So sorry to hear your sad news. It must have been very difficult for you.
I presumed all vets gave you a refund on unused medication (well tablets at least) I know mine does.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 12:29 PM
How awful for you. Will your vet take any unused meds back in part payment? Mine does this for me.

So sorry for your loss xxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 07:35 PM
so sorry to hear of your loss.
can u donate the un-used to meds to a PDSA???? they run on donations and i save my newspapers for them.so just ring them and ask.
sorry if i havnt been much help.
hazelmerriottbr
New Member!
Female 

14-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the help, i must ask my vet if they will take some of the meds back in part payment. They just said they would destroy them for me, i never thought to actually ask them. I will today. Its been a week now since i lost my three girls and it is still tearing a hole in my heart. Life seems so empty without them under my feet.
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi, osrry to hear of your loss. I work for a vet and we take back any tablets/capsules (we dont take back half opened bottles of say Metacam/Propalin etc) - but you can gift these to a needy client through the surgery. The vets should take off the cost of these drugs minus their original dispensing fee..i would give them a call and ask.
hazelmerriottbr
New Member!
Female 

19-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the advise. Still taking some getting used to not having the dogs. House seems so quiet.