Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 08:29 AM

This Is the Week

I am starting on a lifestyle change this week. I have put on so much weight recently so today I am starting to eat only healthy foods and do more exercise in a bid to lose some weight.
Tomorrow I am going to hopefully give up smoking too. At 51 yrs old it is hitting me that I'm now on the slippery slope down so I really need to make a big effort and look after my body.
I only ever used to weigh 8.5stone and now I've hit 13stone 13lb, my body is not made to carry all that extra weight. I hope nobody minds but I would like to post on here my weight each week to give me some incentive.
Anyone want to join me?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 08:36 AM
I wish you all the luck in the world. I will be here to support you and I may join you if I can head my head in the right place.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I wish you all the luck in the world. I will be here to support you and I may join you if I can head my head in the right place.
Thankyou, I know its going to be tough but I feel so determined. Mind you the cake and chocolate cravings havn't kicked in yet this morning
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Hey Madmare im in a similar boat to you. I used to weigh 8 stone and now im 12 stone. My doctor says i need to lose some weight. Im also starting a new schedual and eating thing today. So far today i've not stuck to it lol but have come down with a massive cold/ chest infection type thing last night. But am up now and have had some brekkie so am going to try and get back on track now even tho i feel quite rough. Im happy to post my progress on here every week as well. Im looking to lose an average of 1 to 2lbs per week. I need it to be slow and steady so i can hopefully keep it off. Big hugs madmare! x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
Hey Madmare im in a similar boat to you. I used to weigh 8 stone and now im 12 stone. My doctor says i need to lose some weight. Im also starting a new schedual and eating thing today. So far today i've not stuck to it lol but have come down with a massive cold/ chest infection type thing last night. But am up now and have had some brekkie so am going to try and get back on track now even tho i feel quite rough. Im happy to post my progress on here every week as well. Im looking to lose an average of 1 to 2lbs per week. I need it to be slow and steady so i can hopefully keep it off. Big hugs madmare! x
Hope you feel better soon as its very hard to start something when you feel ill and grotty.
Good to have you on board though and good luck. I will post my weight (hopefully loss and not gain) on here every Monday morning.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Well done to you. I need to do the same, I only use to weigh 7.5 stone but now go nearly 11 stone too heavy for me.
So maybe you will all give me some inspiration, don't need to give up the smoking though I have been good on that one.
I need to give up the wine that is terrible for putting weight on.
Good luck to all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well done to you. I need to do the same, I only use to weigh 7.5 stone but now go nearly 11 stone too heavy for me.
So maybe you will all give me some inspiration, don't need to give up the smoking though I have been good on that one.
I need to give up the wine that is terrible for putting weight on.
Good luck to all.
I hope we can give you some inspiration and you can join us. You never know this time next year we could all be slim and showing our lovely bodies off in bikinis. Instead of, like I am this year, trying to hide it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I hope we can give you some inspiration and you can join us. You never know this time next year we could all be slim and showing our lovely bodies off in bikinis. Instead of, like I am this year, trying to hide it.
About 3 years ago I did it I lost loads of weight so did Gorden. We did the low carb diet not so bad as the Atkins but similar the weight dropped off in weeks.
You really have to be in the right frame of mind though as in the beginning it is hard. No alchohol no refined sugars no tea or coffee or fruit juice, it really does work, but not sure I am in the right frame of mind for that one at the moment.
I read somewhere that some people are carbohydrate sensitive and others are calorie sensitive I am carbohydrate sensitive so this diet really works for me.
Might just give it a go at the end of the week, better drink that bottle of wine this week.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Good luck to you Madmare, hope you succeed in your diet. Don't go on one of the crazy diets, just eat sensibly. Fish with salad or chicken with salad with a nice jacket potato not too big though. I am lucky and love that sort of food, not a great lover of chips and burger type things. Look forward to hearing your progress.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
Good luck to you Madmare, hope you succeed in your diet. Don't go on one of the crazy diets, just eat sensibly. Fish with salad or chicken with salad with a nice jacket potato not too big though. I am lucky and love that sort of food, not a great lover of chips and burger type things. Look forward to hearing your progress.
I am not going on a diet as I think as soon as you mention that word you start craving all sorts of bad stuff.
I am just going to eat healthily and up my exercise a bit.
I will keep you posted on how things go
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >