Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2008, 10:59 AM

MMG dog guards

I ordered and paid for some guards in January and they told me 8 weeks and I could have either free fitting or free delivery so I went for the fitting option. I e-mailed again at the beginning of March and they said they (my guards) were at the coaters but that they were extremely busy so it was really just a matter of waiting. It is now April, over 3 months after ordering, still no guards and haven't heard anything since that last e-mail in March. Now I understand if they are busy but they are already 6 weeks over the time I was told and as the agility season has already started I am now getting desperate and also very limited for time to travel over to get them fitted.

I have just about had enough now and have drafted an e-mail giving them 2 weeks to have them ready to be fitted or I want a refund

Has anyone used them and did you have similar problems? Do any of you know of anyone that has had problems with them?
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 12:34 PM
I was going to order one, had it priced and everything VIA email than I rang to ask a question and this woman was really snooty with me, she did quoate 8-10 weeks to me but because of her attitude i decisded against

Good luck xx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Think Crufts messes everyone’s delivery times, before they are getting ready for Crufts and after they are trying to catch up on all the orders they have taken.

No excuse mind you, and I would not blame you for cancelling your order, a contract is a contract and if you were told 8 weeks that is what it should be.
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
I was going to order one, had it priced and everything VIA email than I rang to ask a question and this woman was really snooty with me, she did quoate 8-10 weeks to me but because of her attitude i decisded against

Good luck xx
I spoke to a gentleman and he was fine with me, very helpful and I then e-mailed and ordered what I wanted and received a response from a woman. I was told by both that it would be 8 weeks If at any point they had been rude then I wouldn't have ordered from them.

Originally Posted by Pita View Post
Think Crufts messes everyone’s delivery times, before they are getting ready for Crufts and after they are trying to catch up on all the orders they have taken.

No excuse mind you, and I would not blame you for cancelling your order, a contract is a contract and if you were told 8 weeks that is what it should be.
When I e-mailed at the beginning of march crufts was on and it took her a couple of days to reply which I have no problem with as I know they have dogs that they show. The guards are apparently done but when I e-mailed I was told they were "at the coaters". I just find it really hard to believe that the guards would be at the coaters for so long and I am less than impressed with them not bothering to get in touch and let me know what the delay is Not having them has really stuffed me up and if they don't sort it out I will have to go through the season and manage as best I can and start looking elsewhere at the end. I didn'tl ike the barjo guards cos they are held in by the back seat and steve tubb couldn't be bothered to reply to my e-mails so I have no idea where else to look
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I got my guards from MMG and they were late with mine too

Having said that, they are worth the wait and the fit is great
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Chellie View Post
I got my guards from MMG and they were late with mine too

Having said that, they are worth the wait and the fit is great
How late were they with yours? I really only have until the end of this month and if they are not sorted by then I won't be able to get there to have them fitted as I will be too busy and they knew that when I ordered them. That will also be 4 months (!!) since I ordered and paid for them so more than enough time I think? So for me the time I have wasted waiting for them when I could have sorted something elsewhere was not worth it I see no reason why I should have them delivered and fit them myself as that was not what I agreed. When I ordered (and paid!) for them at the beginning of January they told me end of Feb beginning of March so they are already 6 weeks overdue
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2008, 02:07 PM
well I got an e-mail back from the lady on monday apologising and saying that the guards had actually been ready for about 3 weeks but that her husband had been ill so wouldn't have been able to fit them. So now I feel bad for being a bit snotty about having to wait but at the same time a bit miffed that they didn't bother to let me know

Either way the quality really is excellent, far superior to Barjo and I am VERY pleased with them. I am off out now to take the boys down the river but when I come back it will be to a large glass of wine and equally large slice of humble pie, yum!