Our sister sites
Our sister sites
manxie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2008, 09:43 PM

Nell passed away- very few warning signs

Dear All,
Someof you may remember that I posted about our Nell back around new year- the vet had identfied pyometra and I was very concerned about her. I had some wonderful support and advice from here and she picked up slowly but surely and in past two months had semed her usual self.

She wentto the vet on Friday am for her scheduled hysterectomy which had been on the vets advice to avoid problems in the future. Unfortunately and extremely unexpectedly Nell was found to have a massive tumour between her stomach and the top section of bowel. This had wrapped itself around her pancreas and her ovaries and her womb too- it was extremely vascular and basically inoperable. We took the heartbreaking decision to let her go rather than see her in pain, which she definitely hadnt seemed to be recently. I thnk the hardest bit of this was the fact that she was so well recently and that I delivered her to the vet assuming that I would pick her up all helathy the next morning. She was only six years old and whole family is devastated. The only signs we had were slight weight loss (which we put down to us cutting down her food at vets request prior to her op to help her to lose wieght prior). Apart from that she had started to have a bit of bile vomit -only occasionally and it had no food in it just yellow bile. I didnt panic about that as she was so lively and well she was eating well enough and would walk for miles with us so I just thought she was having a few digestion probs. I am only writing this to share these symptoms with others and hopefully encourage enyone to see the vet if any other dogs have similiar symptoms. This tumour developed very fast - vet scanned in December and no sign of anything- and maybe it may not have saved her to take her to vet earlier but one cant help wondering.

I will miss her always - but we had six wonderful years that I will be eternally grateful for.

Love Manxie (Ali) xx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Oh Ali,

I'm so, so sorry What a terrible shock for you. Nothing really I can say but my thoughts are with you.

Run free Nell xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 09:48 PM
So sorry to hear this, Ali. I remember the thread well.

Run free, sweet Nell x0x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-04-2008, 09:51 PM
So very sorry . There are really no words adquate enough to say to you at this sad time,

My thoughts are with you and I send you comforting hugs,

Run free at the bridge lovely girl, young again and free from pain.
manxie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Dear All,
Thanks for words of comfort- think it takes a dog owner to know what we are going thru at the moment.
If the warning helps one dog owner then at leats there may be purpose to this too.
Love Manxie (Ali)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi Manxie, I remember Nell ..
I am so sorry to hear you have lost her xx
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I am so sorry Manxie xx I really feel for you xx
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh Ali, i'm sorry hun.

Its a very hard thing to do, i know.

Huge hugs to you all. x
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:22 PM
I am so sorry, you must be so devastated. Run free sweet Nell.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:26 PM
So sorry to hear the sad news. You gave her a wonderful life. Run free Nell xx
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »