Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2008, 09:46 PM

A positive post.

Wasn't sure where to put this as it seems that usually people post in here when they are having problems. My post is the complete opposite and i wanted to share our good news and progress.

We have had Tonks for just over a week now and she is sleeping in her crate in the kitchen and last night slept through from 11.30 - 7 am! I started clicker training with her the moment we got her and she can already sit and lie down when asked, she can even sit without the hand signals. She is walking on a collar and lead and we haven't had a single pooh accident inside at all, in fact tonight, for the first time, she asked to go out for a poo!

She has met my OH's children twice and today we had a great day and her teeth only touched one of their's skin once. I am closely supervising any contact and she only gets to play with them when she is calm. They are 12, 9 and 4 and our really sticking to the rules of stopping any games if she begins to get too excited.

She has learnt to respect the cat, and the cat is choosing to be in the room with her and has only administered one smack.

She very rarely jumps up for attention as i have been clicking and rewarding for some self control (sitting at my feet) before she gets attention.

She has put 1/2 k in a week and had her first jab yesterday.

She is wonderful!!

Is anyone else enjoying clicker training with their puppies?

elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
It all seems to be going very well. I'm so pleased for you.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 04:13 AM
Lovely thread I am really pleased for you
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Sounds like you are training your lovely pup really well. I am sure he will reward you a million times over. If there's one thing pups love, it's routine and order. Well done, and a few recent pics wouldn't go amiss......
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Thank you - i am enjoying her, and trying to make sure she turns into a well rounded adult dog..........trying not to wish her puppy hood away either though!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Everything is sounding great,well done you.

What a cutie she is love her little white toes
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Wow, well done you are doing the right thing putting in all that early training

I trained my current dog when a youngster using a clicker, still do use the clicker when training something new very often
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Well done you.
Leema
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I am enjoying clicker training with my puppy, too. At the moment we are working on duration of behaviours - sit stays, stand stays, drop stays, extended watch, extended time in crate, extended time on mat...

But if you're interested, here is her video at 14 weeks. Unfortunately I've been a bit slack at getting videos lately - she is now 5 months!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9zsnpys-rmY
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Wow she is excellent! I know i am not very good at moving on with behaviour and varying treats according to pups performance so i am going to have to work really hard on that.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >