View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 05:24 PM

Aus Cattle Dog - Help finding breeder ??

Hi guys

Friends of ours have been looking into this breed for roughly 5 years, and have been looking around for breeders. They first went to Higham Press and had a look at Show results, but the most common name around (kennel) is one they don't want to approach, as they've not heard good things re their ethics etc.

Anyhow I said I would ask on here for them, as they don't spend time on the Internet at all, and they know there can't be many kennels of them, but they don't want a dog that already has 6 generations of UK breeding behind it (if that makes sense) and have even considered Importing one.

Anyway, enough of the rambling, any help appreciated
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2008, 05:40 PM
there are several breeders listed on here including one that has re-located from Australia

http://www.acdsocietyofgb.com/
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I think they are wonderful dogs but have been told they can be quite noisy!
Becky
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I think they are wonderful dogs but have been told they can be quite noisy!
Becky
on the site there is a pic of a couple doing agility. I have camped next to or near those dogs a few times and haven't noticed them being any more noisy than any other dogs but they could be the exception They are definitely aloof though where strangers are concerned but I still think they are fantastic dogs and I would love one someday. I have to admit that I love strong dogs with attitude so I am also rather a fan of kelpies, I actually find collies fairly easy dogs so maybe I will get to experience the challenge of an ACD or kelpie before I am too old to cope with one!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
there are several breeders listed on here including one that has re-located from Australia

Yes thanks I looked on that site last night, and they were impressed with the one that relocated from Aus, but we couldnt find any show results, so can't judge whether they breed half decent dogs or not !! and a couple of the others don't show either, so difficult to tell !

Yes Beck, they are quite noisy, I remember our old neighbour in Aus having a couple
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Is this any good to you Malady

Puppies Page

http://www.acdsocietyofgb.com/New%20Litters.htm
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks Trixy

I should have said my friends at the moment just want to find a breeder and speak to them for a while, get to know them, speak more in depth about the breed etc and will be looking to getting on in about 18 months, so they dont want to jusst jump in and get a pup just yet
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Contact KImberley & Mark...Austmans.. they used to breed them..not sure if they still do but I am sure they could point you in the right direction
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 08:27 PM
How about a trip to Crufts? they can meet all the ACD breeders there and see them too?

I LOVE this breed, but they dont tolerate others well, especially the males, I WILL have one some day though!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks guys.

Lou, I know Kimberley and Mark bred them, and still do I think, but I think they were looking for more recent additions to the Country, as apposed to dogs that are mainly Uk bred now, if that makes sense ...lol

I know they cant get to crufts this year, although they are going next year, and I have given them a few names now, so thanks again
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >