Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2008, 03:09 PM

The Yorkshire Show

Phillip and his wife Beryl went to the Yorkshire show every year, and every year Phillip would say. "Beryl, I'd like a ride in that there helicopter."

Beryl always replied," I know Phillip,but that ride costs £50, and £50 is £50."

One year Phillip and Beryl went to the show and Phillip said to Beryl," Beryl, I'm 85 years old now. If I don't ride in that helicopter, I might never get another chance."

To this Beryl replied, "Phillip that helicopter is 50 quid, and 50 quid is 50 quid."

The helicopter pilot overheard the couple and said, "Folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you for a ride . If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say a word, I won't charge you. But if you say one word then it's 50 quid."

Phillip and Beryl agreed and up they went. The pilot did all kind of fancy tricks and all kinds of fancy manoeuvres, but not a word was heard.

He also did his daredevil tricks over and over again but still not a word.

When they landed the pilot turned to Phillip and said, "By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out."

Phillip replied , "Well to tell you the truth, I almost said something when Beryl fell out, but you know, 50 quid is 50 quid. "
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-01-2008, 03:15 PM
That's just brilliant and has now been forwarded to everyone in my address book.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Pmsl,brilliant,xxxxxxxxxxx