Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 12:22 PM

msn worries

My friends son aged 11, was chatting to someone on msn the other night, who then started posting his own photos in the display box.My friend is worried about how this other person has hold of her sons photos as he hasnt sent them to him.Will it just be the display pics for msn that he can access, or what, and how does this work?I'm am such a technophobe that i've no idea.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Gosh, sorry, I don't know, but someone else will be.

A couple of things your friend could do - (1) check with the son every site he has posted photos - nearly everything posted on the web is accessible to others. It probably isn't a bad thing for your friend to find what sites her son has been on and what info he has been releasing about himself. (2) get her to contact MSN and see what help/advice they give.

Sorry I can't be of more use; it may be harmless, but I can see why your friend is concerned.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I've just asked my 9 year old!

She said that if they have webcams the other boy can click a button and take still pictures from the webcam images. Or the boy may have loaded some pictures on his msn site that the other one can see and load onto his site.

Don't know if that makes sense as i don't use msn, might be worth contacting msn if you are worried.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2008, 12:54 PM
it would only be idsplay box or as said webcam turn the web cam off not worth taking chances
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Just spoke to her and he doesn't have a webcam or post on any other sites, but she was worried this lad might have access to the files on the pc eg my docs, my pics etc.Probably very paranoid but I can see why she'd be worried.
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2008, 01:31 PM
If it was the boys display picture, the person could have pressed the printscreen button, which takes a picture of the whole screen and then he might have got the picture from that?
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 01:42 PM
No alice, apparently the lad had a few of the pics her son had displayed, so either hes got hold of them and saved them, or he has access to his msn display pics.Either way it's not good is it
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't let my daughter use MSN she is 10,
Has they asked her son who he's chatting to and if he has any idea how he got the photo's? it may be a friend from school?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 05:47 PM
i use msn (im 19) didnt know people could gte pis off your dp - omg imagine the pics of me thats gone round

seiously - contact msn or just delete his profile,,, i really didnt know people could take you pics

does he have myspace??? thats a place where you can - definately - get pics copied from.....
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
The most likely thing is that he's saved the display pictures as her son's displayed them. Bit weird
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >