View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bam311
New Member!
Female 

16-12-2007, 04:15 AM

what is the best way to grow hair back from .....

I've got a new puppy 6 months old and her old owner was a 7 year old girl who abused the puppy. The lil girl left the puppy with 2 hair lose patches on the puppy body. It there a way to make the hair grow back ?
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 04:30 AM
glad to hear the puppy is now with you. coconut oil works quite well x
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Good for you for taking on pup! It will depend on how the baldness was caused. if there is scarring on the bald spots then the hair may not recover at all, if the skin has not been badly damaged then the hair will return after the usual moulting and hair growth cycle.
Just make sure pup has a quality diet that includes the proper oils to help maintain good skin and coat health.
Becky
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Cornucresine, a product used to encourage hoof growth in horses is good for helping hair regrowth.
But as Mahooli says, it depends on the spot where the bald bit is, how scarred it is. Willow has a few bald patches to remind us of her past as well.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Cornicresine is good, but there's something else we used to use for horse's saddle patch sores which made the hair grow back. It's either called green oils, or something more elaborate which you get from a vet, the main thing is it's dark green, so your vet will know!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Cornicresine is good, but there's something else we used to use for horse's saddle patch sores which made the hair grow back. It's either called green oils, or something more elaborate which you get from a vet, the main thing is it's dark green, so your vet will know!
I know the stuff you're talking about! (But the name escapes me. ) Used to have a great result on the horses with it. I didn't know it was safe to use on dogs as well, thanks.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 01:55 PM
There's a "D" in it somewhere, maybe it begins with D????? I can't think of it either!!!!