Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2007, 08:37 PM

Who is being unreasonable?

My husband and i both work at the same factory, him as the electrician me as a shall i say production operative its been hard for him to see me work there as its very male dominated on the shop floor and i have been subjected to 'male domination' at times but i just take it as workplace banter now although he can take it as 'disrespecting my wife'

Today i was asked did i want overtime instead of starting at 9am i have to start at 7am well its xmas and like everybody the extra cash will come in handy so i said yes..

Now hes had a strop on since i came home as hes saying they will think he cant provide for his family and hes asking me not to go in but i've signed up for it now plus i'm not bloody well having him tell me what to do..

We dont work together per sa rather in the same place and its rare i see him on a day to day basis although everyone knows i'm his wife...

So i'm sat here with a bottle of wine surfing the net rather than talk to him

Its his fault isnt it?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Yes he is being a man hun , xxdk
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Deff his fault, a man thing.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Very old fashioned in his way of thinking
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
Now hes had a strop on since i came home as hes saying they will think he cant provide for his family and hes asking me not to go in
Sarah - I thought this attitude went out when Britain declared war on Germany

Enjoy you're wine and let him stew for a while. Who wouldn't want a bit of extra cash at Xmas

TBH I have been known to say some negative things about the womens libbers but this sounds like male ignorance of which I'm sorry to say a lot of blokes suffer from

Maybe it's the thought of having to make his own breakfast that's got him worried I write this as someone who has made his own brekkie for more years than I care to admit too
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sarah -I thought this attitude went out when Britain declared war on Germany
I am howling laughing i'm enjoying my night of silence actually..

Hes a good bloke typical old fashioned welsh geezer like his dad, always kisses me in a morning (i usually say oh feck off will ya i got morning breath) he cooks more than me tho lol
He likes shall we say to look after me in a well meaning way, oh no i have drunk half a bottle and i'm starting to feel sorry for him now........

*Runs off to find the coffee before i start to crumble and give in*
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-11-2007, 09:47 PM
When you decide he's been in exile long enough you could ask him whether he thinks I'm refering to the first or second time we declared war on Germany
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I can understand why you are p****d off with him
but if his only fault is that he wants to look after you, then I think it could be worse
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
When you decide he's been in exile long enough you could ask him whether he thinks I'm refering to the first or second time we declared war on Germany

lolololol ok enough
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Definitely a man thing! They are a useless bunch at the best of times. Mine is currently fast asleep in his chair which he is supposed to be looking after me as i have been for surgery under a GA today (nothing major) and of course someone has to look after you for 24-48 hours afterwards. Much good he is hey!

Im sure your hubby will get over his strop soon enough esp if you tell him it is to pay for his xmas pressie!!!! Ha! x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >