Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 08:21 AM

Grateful

I hope that ALL of you who have posted here recently about your problems and troubles and worries manage to get everything sorted out soon

This is just a quick post to say how happy I am ..and as a counter balance to all the threads on here at the moment from people who aren't feeling too good

My kids are doing okay at school, my husband is lovely, I have started at college/Uni and am on my way at last plus I have a job application in the offing at the moment.

I love the dark mornings and evenings as it reminds me that Autumn and Winter are on the way and I love those seasons.

We are hard up but we can pay our bills thank goodness

The muttlies are fine and dandy even though the girls are both due in season and so the house is covered in fur permanently

All in all, whilst life for me could be better, it isn't bad.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Some of us have our dark moments but in general I'm OK. Pleased to hear you are doing great!
Becky
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm glad. It's good to see a positive post instead of gloom and doom, I still have no prospect of a job, am in danger of losing my home and everything else, live in a remote spot with no family and very few friends.... so SOMETHING has to balance that up!
Good for you.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Glad to hear all is well with you all

I love the dark mornings and evenings as it reminds me that Autumn and Winter are on the way and I love those seasons.
I was beginning to think I was the only one that loves the dark mornings and nights and the winter in general
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I was beginning to think I was the only one that loves the dark mornings and nights and the winter in general
Me too - I love them - and so does Mya. Dark means less people to her
Happy for you Mel - apart from the old aches and pains, things are good here too
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Aches and pains are part and parcel of growing wiser Vicki I have the aches and pains but not the wisdom yet LOL

Deccy I will keep hoping for a silver lining for you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Mel,
Nice post, I never used to like the winter but since we moved to the rural area we're in now I have changed my mind. I like it especially because we usually have three feet of snow from Dec. to Mar, and the pesky weekenders stay away

Our two Newfies love it as well and in our house that's by far the most important thing
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 02:31 PM
What a lovely post

I was one of those on here speaking of doom and gloom but I must be an example of how things can change if you just put your mind to it, although I couldn't have done it without the support of my friends on Dogsey, I now have a good job and a gorgeous man, what more can a girl want?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Glad to hear all is well with you all

Me too Carole, I even like it when the clocks go back! Roaring coalfires, cosy evenings with dimmed lights, so cold outside you have to snuggle up with a big duvet on the sofa to watch tv in front of that roaring fire, chance to do some real cooking for once, (instead of moaning it's too hot to put the oven on ) oh I'm in heaven in the winter!!!! All I want next is some of Losos's snow to go with all that!

What a nice cheerful thread for once Mel, glad you're doing fine, me too! I hope you'll all get to this happiness spot somewhen soon!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I now have a good job and a gorgeous man,
Hey, you keept that a bit quiet
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >