Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lorrainevn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-12-2007, 11:24 PM

Pet First Aid Workshops

Hi I am a new member, I am currently developing my own business where I will be offering educational workshops to pet owners and individuals in the industry. I am a qualified vet nurse and college lecturer. My most popular workshop is mainly first aid, however, I can conduct other workshops ie medications etc.., If anybody is interested in coming along or would like to offer any comments about my business, then please email me I live in the Cheshire area, and would travel to the North West ie Liverpool etc.... Your thoughts on my business idea would be appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you. Lorraine
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 08:38 AM
I think this is a great business venture, I wish you the best of luck. I would love to do a few courses like the first aid, all I know about this subject is what I have read in books (or through experience), sometimes hands on stuff is a better way to learn.
Maybe one day you might reach scotland!
Have you a website? It's the best way to reach the masses...
fimberly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Just tried to look at your website- but its under construction.
Your idea sounds fabulous. As a dog walker, I have been on a canine first aid course, but it was very (I repeat very) diffucult to attend, expensive and run by morons.

I have tried to pursuade local vets to run one for pet owners but is obviously not in their best interest for people to look after their own dogs (actually a vet said that to me). lol

If you are flexible, and would consider visiting Scotland, I bet I could get some pet owners together for you
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi fimberely,
your in dundee too?! That is the cutest picture of Riley ever...
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 01:27 PM
well if you came to Dundee I'd certainly be interested!! So there are 3 people already......

I know not exactly worth your while...YET but who knows in the future.

I think its a great idea, best of luck
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Thats a good idea...I may be intersted next year - if I could get some people together!
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 02:12 PM
I would definately be interested I am in Manchester, I think its a really good idea, I wish you luck xx
lorrainevn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi Jess

Thank you for your reply, very encouraging!. I have had a good response from people around different regions, Because I have interest from different regions, I have been thinking about the idea of a possible online course...... and take it from there, who knows perhaps I could arrange to meet people half way some where... Could you let me know what you think of a online course, I really would appreciate your view on this.

Kind regards

Lorraine
lorrainevn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi Fimberley

Thank you for your response, very encouraging. I have had a good response from members around the regions and it has made me think about offering online courses, and perhaps I could arrange to meet people half way some where, not to sure where. Could I ask you what you think about the idea of an online course, your comments would be appreciated.

If you dont mind could I ask you a couple of things, firstly you say that you attended a canine first aid course only to be dissapointed by (a) people who delivered it (b) difficulty of getting onto the course, could I ask; why was it you find the people to be 'morons' and why was it hard to get onto?, I am only asking these things so I can build up a picture of what people are looking for and what they expect. Finally, to be really cheeky, could I ask how much you paid in respect of attending your canine course? again I am just trying to put the 'big picture' together. I must stress that you DO NOT have to answer any of my questions, but I really do appreciate any feedback or comments.

By the way, my website should be ready in the new year, and I am including testimonials from students, who thankfully are very happy with the way I deliver lectures and really enjoy my sessions.

Phew!! that was a long reply...... sorry......

Lorraine
lorrainevn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi Benzmum

Thank you for your reply, very encouraging. I have been having a re-think about a few things, because I have had a good response from members around different regions, what about if I produced a online course, with the possiblility of meeting people half way, Im not to sure where, but as you said who knows!!. I would value your feedback on my idea.

Kind Regards

Lorraine
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »