View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2007, 11:24 AM

THE THE SCARE OF MY LIFE-if you do anything at all today please read this.

Please take time to read this.

Yesterday evening me and my family rushed out the door, jumped in the car and took off to go swimming at my mothers. We got about 2 miles away and I asked my son where "Mi Mi" was and he started screaming and crying. When I realized she wasn't in the car I lost it.
I couldn't breathe I could only scream for my husband to drive faster, Ive never cried that hard in my life.
When we got to our lane I jumped out to run up the main road afraid she would have went through the neighbors yards and on the main road while my husband drove down the lane. People were slowing down, running to me, because all they saw was a screaming and crying lady.
Then I saw it, my husband crying, a man Ive never seen shed a tear, holding her to his face and running towards me. I dropped to the ground thanking GOD she was okay. I didnt let go of her for hours.
Our little angel knew something was wrong. he said she was sitting on the porch looking up at the screen door like she was wondering why she wasn't allowed in. That alone breaks my heart. Knowing she thought we didn't want her. But for you who think this was too much that I re-acted too dramatic heres why:
I got a call saying my paw paw was worse from a surgery and spent the night in the hospital with him so my grandma could go home and sleep. around midnight I went to the lobby and fell asleep on a couch.
I woke up to my husband yelling for me to get up. he said the words I'll never forget.."your paw paw is dead and buck is dead"
Buck- my little rescue dog, a dog somebody didn't want, a dog that got me through 2 years clean off drugs, my only friend.
Where He hadn't gave me a chance to wake up I passed out cold in the floor, I woke up and it wasn't a dream, I had lost them both. How I lost Buck......
My husband run out to the truck to come tell me at the hospital paw paw died. My grandma had told the nurse not to tell me when I was alone.
my husband run him over on accident. when he run out the door so did buck. he thought buck had ran down the lane like always. My husband hasnt forgot it and I never will.
The reason I took MI MI not being in the car so hard is because
WE THOUGHT WE'D RUN MI MI OVER, That two miles was the longest ride of my life. I thought shed been under the car. I told god, PLEASE. NOT AGAIN. NOT AGAIN. NOT AGAIN...my little angel is smart though and on the porch I bet she would have stayed. I'll never assume shes in my sons lap in the back seat again.
But in the end I knew in my heart buck was looking for me.
2 years later...knowing what I know now:

Please...I beg you, if you cherish and love your angel with all you are, go right now away from the computer and love them up, forget the times they chew your favorite belongings, and run away barking at people when your yelling for them not to, forget all the little things they do and remember all the little things of good they do...the kisses, the general respect they have for you because your all they have is you. Your there everything.
I hope none of you have to go through any of this. I honestly wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Love to you all. and kiss your angels for me, because believe me when I say this: if I was there Id be doing just that. Ive never met a dog I didnt love.

Love 2 all
Mi Mi and Christel
"Thank you god for watching over my little angel and what sometimes feels like all I have"
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 11:51 AM
what a terrible shock for you, from reading your story of what had happened previously, I'm not surprise you were so worried and indeed that you husband cried. He would of felt so bad, even though it was an accident what happened to Buck.

But thank goodness Mi Mi is ok. I don't think for one moment she will of been thinking you didn't want her, she will of been wondering when she was going to get back in your house.

take care.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by chihuahualover View Post
Please...I beg you, if you cherish and love your angel with all you are, go right now away from the computer and love them up, forget the times they chew your favorite belongings, and run away barking at people when your yelling for them not to, forget all the little things they do and remember all the little things of good they do...the kisses, the general respect they have for you because your all they have is you. Your there everything.
I'm really glad she was ok

And you are right - I always make sure I give mine loads of love and hugs and I really appreciate every minuet with them as we just don't have them for long enough Once you realise this all the times when they have been a handful are insignificant and I have become so much more patient with them.
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Thank you. Im just happy you took the time to read it. I havent let her go all day. I know shes wondering why she cant go to the bathroom without me talking to her!
I always tell people when they talk about my paw paw that he took buck with him. They died within minutes of each other. My Paw Paw loved his little poodle Charlie and he knew he couldnt take Charlie because maw maw would be alone then. So thats how I got over it. Well I wouldnt say got over but I got through it. i know God makes everything happen for a reason, but he didnt have to remind me of how much I loved mi mi, I already knew and felt it. Thank you so much for the reply it made me feel better.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 09:39 PM
my heart goes out to,you and im sure she didnt think you didnt want her,just why she couldnt get in,i love them every day,and thats why we have them im sure just to love them up,im glad your ok xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 10:06 PM
How sad for you, I know what its like to have your heart in your throat, mine have escaped onto the side of a busy road, how I got them back in one piece I shall never know. Thats another reason they all live in with me, so that I can spend as much time as possible with them, these terrible accidents can happen, no matter how much we try to protect them.

I feel so sorry for your husband too, what an absolute nightmare.

xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2007, 10:19 PM
So glad your little one was safe Christel ... I think many of us have had a similar experience at one time or another with dogs or children !
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Thank you to everyone who sent me words of encouragement It means more than words can say so Ill leave it at a simple thank you and god bless!
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Sorry to hear of your losses and the anguish you all must have gone through when you realised that the little one wasn't with you but wonderful that all was OK.... I love my little Lexi so much and cherish every day that I have with her as it's been said previously they are not with us as long as we would wish....
Sue
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
My pulse is racing after reading all that! My goodness what a scare you must have had. I could feel your anguish. Thank God MImi is OK. x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >