View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 01:24 PM

Arrrgh...trying to make a decision on a greyhound..

Arrrghhh, Im really torn, I have been offered a 2 and a half year old greyhpund bitch, free to good home. I phoned up last night to ask questions about her, such as her temperament, whether she gets on with other dogs etc... All answers were what I wanted to hear!

She was rescued from being put to sleep but the owner has too many dogs already, I really want a companion for Flower, I really just can't make the decision and it's really playing on my mind!

Can anybody give any advice at all...??
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 01:30 PM
sorry i hvae never owned a greyhound but im sure someone hwere will be able to help xxdk
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi,
not sure what kind of advice you're after?

is it whether to get another dog (whatever breed) or whether you're just unsure whether you want a greyhound?

If you're sure you want another dog, why not ask to meet her with Flower? Everything might look fine on paper, but then you might find that Flower doesn't get on with her...or the other way round, it might get rid of all your reservations.

The only caveat with this is that you must be strong...if when you meet the other dog you know deep down she isn't right, you must walk away. There are so many dogs in rescue, that the 'right one' will be out there for you somewhere.

good luck and let us know how you get on
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 01:33 PM
It sound s to me as if you have made the decision , you just haven't admitted it to your self yet , have you seen her, ask yourself what would it be like if I said no I don't want her, and see how you feel, if you decide to have her, make sure you let flower meet her first, if she doesn't like her then it's not fair to get her, sorry this may not be of any use to you, i do tend to rabbit on a bit
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 02:06 PM
hehe thank you, yes i would deffinately need to take flower, because it would be the most important than they both got on, im not sure myself what my reservations are....it might sound silly but as weve just bought our first house very close to mum and dad...i still feel like im at home and that I need to ask them before I do anything...and I really need to break out of this habit!! does this sound silly?? sorry to go on!! xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 02:09 PM
no i asked my mammy advice on getting another boxer now i have three , i ask my parents advice on everything and i havent lived at home for nearly 15 years i left when i was 20 xxxdk
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 02:26 PM
hehe i do normally always ask mum but i know she would say no to me getting another dog!! or they would try and steer me away from getting another one...i think i need to make my own decision this time, my OH really wants her, I do think she would be good company for Flower and I love taking her for walks two or three times a day so that would never be a problem!!! arrrghhh...
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Mum knows best! And it can't hurt to get another opinion. It can be hard work having more than one dog esp if both have their different problems. If you feel that Flower is now less work for you it would probably be a good thing. In other words if you feel you can cope go for it if you all like the dog. I believe thay are very calm and loving beasts greyhounds.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Greyhounds are usually very laid back and gentle dogs, why don't you go and meet her and take her out with flower and see how you feel then?
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Greyhounds are usually very laid back and gentle dogs, why don't you go and meet her and take her out with flower and see how you feel then?
I think that it going to be the best plan, Flower is very energetic (having the combination of being both puppy and a collie!!) so a calming influence is waht she needs, rather than another boisterous playmate! xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >